Defensive Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hinagiku

07-16-2013

With the upcoming removal of bulwark, and all the hits to defenses in s3 compared to s2, what should supports be going for these days if they don't want to go mostly offense?

Redeemed In Fire

07-16-2013

Bulwark is being dropped in favor of the reworked Visage and Banshee's (which hopefully means Nome will minirework Odyn's), so it's largely a lateral move. If Odyns is upgraded to use Spectre Cowl like the rest of them, then that will probably be positioned as the prime selfish magic resist item.

Malah

07-16-2013

You upgrade to Locket instead of Bulwark and use the same build as before (I always run on supports FH anyway so I won't miss the armor).

Orphane

07-16-2013

What they should have done was just made Odyn's available on SR, huehue.

Yo check this 10% magic damage reduction, not op at all!

SlasherBag

07-16-2013

Why would Odyn's get reworked after bulwark got nerfed? The idea is you shouldn't have one guy covering the MR cost of an entire team, which should make the current SV fine, and Odyn's better still. I'm not a fan at all of the cowl addition, as its hp regen is going to be 16hp5 on Dom, where there is no laning phase or extended time to make use of it. Modding odyn's to make use of it would add cost for a passive that's not needed or desirable. I have my reservations about the SV changes, but only because its current passive is great for making supports more effective.

TLDR: I miss FoN, and it seems like Riot is working its way back towards it at the cost of other good items.

HaIfhearted

07-16-2013

Bulwark gets removed, but Locket builds out of Aegis now, making it even MORE op than it already is.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Bulwark gets removed, but Locket builds out of Aegis now, making it even MORE op than it already is.
I highly disagree (also consider that Aegis is nerfed, too). Locket is good because it's so cheap, and Kindlegem is basically the best build path for a tank item.

Kindlegem is going to REALLY be hurting as a tank item after this patch. If you don't synergize well with Spirit Visage, it's hard to use well in an upgrade. Yes you can get sweeper, but buying sweeper is a major detriment to your tankiness.

Koravel

07-16-2013

Nearly every tank on Dom is building sweeper anyway. I don't see the problem. MS+HP+CDR+vision is just too good for a tanky guy to pass up.