Current Best Season 3 Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Z The Great1578

01-28-2013

I'm cashing in my vote as Taric, but then again I haven't been able to play against many other lately, everyone grabs Thresh (who's more a kill lane partner than support) or soraka in all my games...

Opinions?

Also, how do you guys feel about season 3 and the supports?

And what about the new "Tanky rules all" meta?

Xela Syab

01-28-2013

Each support is unique and different for their role. In fact the whole role of support has changed due to warding and passive gold gain. I'm voting nunu, since he has so much base health and base damage from his abilities and gives carries a significant boost in dps and chasing. His ult also forces enemy teams to uses cc on a tank and he can deal massive damage to dragon and baron without even trying.

Crimson5pheonix

01-28-2013

Supports fit around their team, you take the support that best works with their team.

Taric is useful for squishy teams or heavy hybrid teams (ulti OP), but Taric is the salt of the support group in that he goes with everything.

Sona's another all rounder that works in many groups but does her best in a teamfighting comp.

Janna works best in a poke heavy comp.

Soraka is good for a split push comp because of that ulti, but I honestly only take her based around specific ADCs. Namely Corki and Varus since they can harass at stupid range as long as they have mana.

Leona is probably the best kill lane support and is best for beating Blitz.

Blitz and Nunu are for people who think a Blitz or Nunu support is good :\

I haven't played Zyra or Lulu (though I want to), so I have no solid opinion, but they both look like good pokers.

EDIT: Oh, Lux and Zilean if you like to annoy the hell out of bot lane

Cevonis

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post
Supports fit around their team, you take the support that best works with their team.

Taric is useful for squishy teams or heavy hybrid teams (ulti OP), but Taric is the salt of the support group in that he goes with everything.

Sona's another all rounder that works in many groups but does her best in a teamfighting comp.

Janna works best in a poke heavy comp.

Soraka is good for a split push comp because of that ulti, but I honestly only take her based around specific ADCs. Namely Corki and Varus since they can harass at stupid range as long as they have mana.

Leona is probably the best kill lane support and is best for beating Blitz.

Blitz and Nunu are for people who think a Blitz or Nunu support is good :\

I haven't played Zyra or Lulu (though I want to), so I have no solid opinion, but they both look like good pokers.

EDIT: Oh, Lux and Zilean if you like to annoy the hell out of bot lane
You forgot Nami.

Crimson5pheonix

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevonis View Post
You forgot Nami.
I did. Nami's a good roamer that can kill lane for anyone.

DreamWeaver1001

05-27-2013

You guys have forgotten all about Galio. He is an amazing poke heavy champ with high durability. Also has large ult that is hard to break free from. One of the best in my opinion. But i like him mid so ...

67chrome

05-27-2013

The supports with the highest win rates ATM seem to be Janna, Zyra, and Sona. Not sure if Zyra is going mid or support with that though. Sona's a total beast in ARAM too, which is always nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver1001 View Post
You guys have forgotten all about Galio. He is an amazing poke heavy champ with high durability. Also has large ult that is hard to break free from. One of the best in my opinion. But i like him mid so ...
That's more going off champions with a support tag than actually playing as the bot lane support though - as an actual bot lane support he's not that great. Sona can basically do everything he can but better in that situation.

Nasus AU

05-27-2013

Thresh.

Utility out the ass, especially when played by Godlife.