@Riot: Where are all the programmers? :,(

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 39
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anymeese

01-28-2013

I've seen a LOT of reds post on the forums, but NEVER.. not once.. seen a "programmer" tag Is it just that you call it more specific things, or do the programmers never check the forums? I'd love to talk about coding and the game industry and stuff! (see: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33889181)

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

01-28-2013
1 of 73 Riot Posts

I post a lot. We use generally Software Engineer with various modifiers.

Invo301

01-28-2013

I agree with you, I have never seen a engineer/programmer post during my 2 years on this game.

MugenNightmare

01-28-2013

well that was fast lol

UnitedWeStand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

there are tons of SE's posting on the forums

OhMyCheesus

01-28-2013

While you're here, can you answer what programming languages you guys use? I am studying game programming at Arts Institutes at San Diego and would like to know if you guys C++, C#, Java, etc etc

RiotSchmick

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

01-28-2013
2 of 73 Riot Posts

We use a wide variety, depending on the project. The ones that you mentioned are always good to learn for fundamentals.

OhMyCheesus

01-28-2013

Thank you for the quick response!

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

01-28-2013
3 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anymeese View Post
I've seen a LOT of reds post on the forums, but NEVER.. not once.. seen a "programmer" tag Is it just that you call it more specific things, or do the programmers never check the forums? I'd love to talk about coding and the game industry and stuff! (see: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33889181)
I still want the title "Does the Codez", but I'm not sure how well that would go over...

For the record, the Game Client is coded in C++, and I loooooooooove talking about programming.

ShawnDempsey

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I'm pretty sure it's been stated that the main game code (not PVP.net) is written in C++.

Whereas PVP.net is written in some kind of unholy union between Javascript and a language whose entire purpose is to run pointless O(x^3) algorithms in the background on every click.
tada WhattaBrian has answered this before he was a red

1234511 ... 39