Delete LolKing?

Yes, it would be better without Lolking 136 45.79%
No, keep Lolking 161 54.21%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Valve Deleted the Dota 2 Lolking - 'Dotabuff'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeeRow

01-28-2013

Surprised so many people have voted yes, LoLKing I've found to be a very useful tool, I'm not the kind of person who checks every team mate's stats to see if it is ok to play with them, but I use it to view my own profile quite often because in my opinion it is a much better layout then what is given to us in the game client, can quickly and easily check all your stats at the same time without having to click through every single champ.

I also really like their skin viewer, really awesome feature considering riot offer no means to view how the skin looks in game (as far as I'm aware, I'm sure you could see it in the game files somewhere if you really tried but in that case, again, LoLKing would be much quicker and simpler)

I'd hate to see it go.

DriedPrunes

01-28-2013

Doesn't have a more stricter policy against troll than Riot. So I don't see why ppl have to use DotaBuff unlike LoL where the community is....

dreadnickaflug

01-28-2013

Lolking has offered a lot of interesting statistics that have given me insight into this game. I don't always approve of the "I just lolkinged you and you suck so you can't carry" approach that a lot of people take in solo queue but I really like it in general. The graphs and other information is really cool

Knowledge is power.

I didn't realize people were so against it but I suppose if it becomes a serious problem offer an opt-out?

CaptainAMorgan

01-28-2013

Remove pre-game lobby names

Not LoLking. It's a useful tool and can do good.

Please see my thread regarding changes that are not so drastic that would improve the player experience very simply.

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

As I say always, I have nothing to hide, so I don't care if they take lolking down or not. If fact, other than checking the newest models (and Sona's ass) on the model viewer, I only check the page if the ADC I'm supporting shows signs of retardation. You know, like when they pick no Flash on a champ like Ashe or if they choose a carry that doesn't synergize with my support. Also, I have to check every Vayne I support, because low elo Vaynes are a huge gamble.

Dante Brimscone

01-28-2013

Looking up individual summoners should go (unless, maybe, there's an opt-in system so people could choose).

I like the general champion charts and skin viewer, but there's really no reason why people's game info should be available unless they want it to be.

Kyraxis

01-28-2013

LoLking is great. I'm not one to flame people, but when I see that certain special guy who says "AP Sona mid, trust me gus gonna rape faces" and then see he's 2 wins 17 losses games with Sona on LoLking . . I'm leaving that game. Sure some people will harass and flame, but those people are going to do that anyway. As far as just "play the game" goes, I am. I'm playing to win, and if I have an option to not play with someone that fails so hard, then I'm going to take it. I'm sorry you have to wait an extra 45 seconds in normal queue and 3-5 minutes in ranked to play again. But honestly, if you don't want people judging you on stupid **** you do, don't do stupid ****.

Old Vegas Dad

01-28-2013

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH, someone dodged because they found out I am 1/12 on caitlyn and suck as an ADC, I should be able to ruin thier ranked match by playing something I suck at!

Not sure there is any other reason to dislike lolking.

Old Vegas Dad

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnickaflug View Post
Lolking has offered a lot of interesting statistics that have given me insight into this game. I don't always approve of the "I just lolkinged you and you suck so you can't carry" approach that a lot of people take in solo queue but I really like it in general. The graphs and other information is really cool

Knowledge is power.

I didn't realize people were so against it but I suppose if it becomes a serious problem offer an opt-out?

People are'nt against it. Just a few crybabies who are vocal on the forums, who treat ranked matches as thier personal playground and have no respect for others in ranked.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-28-2013

One reason why Guild Wars died a long time ago is because of PvX Wiki.

Same with League. If Lolking isn't going to be deleted, League is going down.

Either that, or people need to mature and realize that Lolking is simply surplus information for the sake of having surplus information. What Lolking says never matters.