Bugs/Glitches for Mac Beta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnderPaidOrphan

10-22-2010

Hey guys,
Thought I would just do my part and tell anyone who wants to hear what I thought of the beta.
I know you might have heard this all a million times before, but just sharing.

Machine Type: Macbook Pro 13"
CPU: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics Card: 9400M
Settings Levels: All High with Low Shadows

1. Invisible Characters
    • As most people note: Lux, Morde, Fiddle, and Tyrn can be invisible from time to time. This does not happen all the times, however. Also, a quick note that while playing the game, I lowered the resolution to the lowest standard to try to bump FPS, and the character models were no longer invisible. This change occurred mid-game. I have only replicated it twice. Not sure if that helps any.

2. Improper Window Sizing
    • Full screen stretches below the actual frame of my 13" Macbook Pro. Maybe that's just my problem. This only applies to the actual PVP.net window, not the in-game window.

3. Slow Load Times
    • As many have noted, when a game is launched and the characters are shown for both team, the "100% Champion Summoning" screen loads substantially slower than on a Boot Camp LoL session.

4. Low Frames per Second
    • For my upgraded Mac, I push about 20-25 frames per second, inconsistently. However, the game plays very smoothly with no problems at all. Lowering graphics and turning off shadows does bump it up to about 45 frames per second, however it still plays just as smoothly so I don't like the decreased graphics.

5. Minor Wall Glitches
    • As with the PC version of the game, glitching through walls seems to be a problem, however I have done it roughly four times our of ten sessions on the Mac beta. Could just be a coincidence.

6. Freezes at Start of Game
    • Once again, as with the PC version, the first 2-3 seconds within the game starting, it freezes. However, with the Mac beta, when opening the Shop, the game freezes for roughly 3-5 seconds, regardless of FPS. This is a complete freeze, with no responses.

7. Long Time for End Game Results
    • Sometimes the end results for the game just played don't pop up in an orderly fashion. Not a big deal, but the times fluctuate. Sometimes it pops right up. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds. Sometimes it takes a minute or two.

8. Minor Hit Detection Problems (Maybe?)
    • This is a slight problem that may be due to lag and/or FPS. When casting an ultimate, such as Lux's laser, the beam would clearly hit the enemy champ on my screen. However, a line of minions directly to the right of the beam would take all the damage. I can't quite pin point the reasoning behind this, but It may just be due to lag. I haven't heard anyone else having this problem, so I take it that it was a just a couple times of random lag spikes.

Flame of Udun

10-22-2010

I have problems last hitting with ranged heroes on the mac client as well. Think there is something wrong with it. Been playing alot of melee lately because of this.

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

I've seen minions glitch through walls on Twisted Treeline as they're leaving the base.

UnderPaidOrphan

10-22-2010

I have noticed both of these problems, but I always see it as a lag/frames per second problem, and I'm just not seeing what is really happening onscreen. Perhaps that is the case.

BlueChess

10-22-2010

loading end score screen is now always fast for me

I still have
a lot of invisible skins such as - lux morde twitch fiddlesticks sona
slow load times at start
slow fps from time to time
random lag spikes

UnderPaidOrphan

10-22-2010

Quote:
loading end score screen is now always fast for me
I haven't played a game recently, but I will have to see how mine works now. Maybe it's faster. I have a pretty graphics heavy Mac and in Boot Camp it runs SOLID. 60+ frames per sec at full graphics. So hopefully we get a fix soon.

I'm also glad that LoL Staff is aware of the problems and working on fixing. Just trying to do my part and put out all the problems for everyone.

UnderPaidOrphan

10-24-2010

Bump. (Double Post, sorry)

New Findings:

Blue Screen When Using Expose
There is ALWAYS these blue screens evident when I open up LoL. On occasion, they remain when LoL closes and then LoL won't reopen, requiring a restart.

Evidence

http://yfrog.com/08screenshot20101024at103p

http://yfrog.com/moscreenshot20101024at103p