Riot, can we talk about Today's Kat vs Last Year's Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CakeandBacon

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Dude, thanks for making this. I've missed old Kat a lot. She was more fun, more interesting, took more skill, and could build hard carry instead of the tanky/pen Kat we see now. I've been meaning to write one of these myself, but this is good too. Maybe we can get some word from Riot on this if we talk about it enough.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Mercenary

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeandBacon View Post
Dude, thanks for making this. I've missed old Kat a lot. She was more fun, more interesting, took more skill, and could build hard carry instead of the tanky/pen Kat we see now. I've been meaning to write one of these myself, but this is good too. Maybe we can get some word from Riot on this if we talk about it enough.
I'm glad to see my feelings reflected in others. Maybe we can get Riot's attention. I'm definitely dedicated to this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anida

Senior Member

01-26-2013

lol I miss old Kat. I can't even play her anymore Everyone says she's "better" but I suck with her now when I play her and I never had that issue before


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CakeandBacon

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxian Mercenary View Post
I'm glad to see my feelings reflected in others. Maybe we can get Riot's attention. I'm definitely dedicated to this.
Well count me in. I've got a million billion Kat games (since January 2010) and I wanna get her back,

Also, I miss being one of the rare Kat players. She's everywhere and everyone can do it because of the herpderp W spam.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Mercenary

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeandBacon View Post
Well count me in. I've got a million billion Kat games (since January 2010) and I wanna get her back,

Also, I miss being one of the rare Kat players. She's everywhere and everyone can do it because of the herpderp W spam.
Precisely. I just played a game against Zyra, and I realize that another thing that makes her a problem is her easy-mode CS. If you leave W at level 1, you can safely CS with it because it doesn't push lane very hard at all, and it's on a 4second CD. It's also perfect for "prepping" minions under your turret because of how precise it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Mercenary

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Das bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Mercenary

Senior Member

01-26-2013

As promised I'm keeping this thread alive as much as I can today, but I'd like to see some more players - Kat mains and Kat haters alike - comment on this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mdiaz2828

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-26-2013

The one thing I had enjoyed on old Kat more was building her AD Carry or Tanky DPS just for the lulz. I can't do that with new Kat, her scaling is worse.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CakeandBacon

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Bumping. You know what else I miss? Gunblade.

Seriously, turning Kat into a straight up AP assassin with the bad AD ratios takes a lot of the more interesting things away from her. Going Gunblade > DFG gave her 5 spells, and was fun to use. Now if you build Gunblade you're bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mdiaz2828

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeandBacon View Post
Bumping. You know what else I miss? Gunblade.

Seriously, turning Kat into a straight up AP assassin with the bad AD ratios takes a lot of the more interesting things away from her. Going Gunblade > DFG gave her 5 spells, and was fun to use. Now if you build Gunblade you're bad.
Well the new Gunblade has an AP Ratio now on the active, so it might actually work a little better.