Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lol client for mac black screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IBastardI

01-26-2013

I dont have problems downloading or installing, but when i open it it takes a lot of time and then i only see a black screen.

Tested in a Mac book pro with MAC OS X 10.6.8

GG

PS: I can perfectly play the game using bootcamp from windows in my mac but it heats a lot, it almost burns the table...

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

01-26-2013

Do you have the Intel HD 3000 card in your Mac? There is a known issue with this card that we're working on resolving.

IBastardI

01-26-2013

indeed

IBastardI

01-26-2013

pls check how lol uses resources on this card because using boot camp it burns and i believe lol can damage a mac using this graphic card.

DeadxSong

01-27-2013

Dude. Don't blame Riot for your HARDWARE's problems.

Take a few steps to test the hardware:

>Check fan speeds.
>Use a can of compressed air to clean out any dust
>Check your performance settings (task manager of activity monitor) to make sure you aren't maxing out

IBastardI

01-27-2013

Quote:
DeadxSong:
Dude. Don't blame Riot for your HARDWARE's problems.

Take a few steps to test the hardware:

>Check fan speeds.
>Use a can of compressed air to clean out any dust
>Check your performance settings (task manager of activity monitor) to make sure you aren't maxing out

>DONE
>DONE
>DONE

Still it heats like hell playing at lowest requirements..... using windows in bootcamp,

Using mac it doesn´t even work, i just get a black box.

I know Riot mac people are aware of this issue , so i hope they give us a link to download a fixed client.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

01-28-2013

Quote:
I*******I:
>DONE
>DONE
>DONE

Still it heats like hell playing at lowest requirements..... using windows in bootcamp,

Using mac it doesn´t even work, i just get a black box.

I know Riot mac people are aware of this issue , so i hope they give us a link to download a fixed client.

Can you post more detailed system specs? I'm not experiencing the same issue on my Intel HD3000. The Model No. would be very useful so that I could place an order in for your exact hardware for testing. For example: My model number is located on the bottom of my machine and is A1286