[guide] Dr. Glock AKA Gankplank AKA Winbeard

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

condon

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
This guide is worthwhile for the banter and the sheen tip, if nothing else.

One question though, why do you suggest stacking Black Cleavers? Parlay doesn't attack very quickly (and without any +attack speed items his autoattack won't be too quick either), making it hard to get multiple stacks of the armor reduction, and it won't increase the damage they take from Parlay anyways. Seems to me if you want an armor reduction item, Last Whisper is the way to go. +Attack speed, a little bit of damage, and a %armor pen which will almost always be greater than the few stacks of the Cleaver you get. Stark's Fervor also seems like it'd be a better lifesteal item than Bloodthirster, due to the fact that it does so much for your entire team.

Also I would suggest having an item layout numbered, like in most other guide threads;

1. Meki Pendant + 2 Healing Potions
2. Sheen
3. Boots of Mobility
4. Infinity Edge
5. Sheen -> Trinity Force or Bloodthirster
6. Whichever you didn't get in 5
7. Black Cleaver? Last Whisper? Bloodthirster 2? Stark's?

Are boots of mobility really the best option? I can see skipping Berserker's Greaves if you don't plan on autoattacking, but Swiftness/Tabi/Merc Treads all have very good effects for him, and a case could be made for Sorc Boots so your Parlay/Cannons hit harder. I don't know, you've probably played him more than I have (and when I played him I went the lolfail route of Philstore + multiple Avarice Blades).
To answer your questions in order:

-I noted that that was a sometimes thing, because I was tooling early on. Armor can also go negative, which the whisper doesn't accommodate, and that doesn't help your allies. Remember: A good captain thinks of his crew second, and himself third.

Booty is always first.

-If you're having trouble following the item build, you don't get the point. Sure, what you buys first, second, and even third is pretty solid, but after that you have to go with the flow. If you can afford the last item, why not jump right in, if you think you need to make a change, do it. Also, I'm afraid of vampires, so I don't like to count.

-Mobility is for this build/playstyle, that is, All the **** over, dropping bombs and cappin' *****es. The melee burnination comes later on, when you pick up a phantom dancer for giggles, if need be.

Dr Niles Aquatic

11-30-2009

Another glorious guide. I was HOPING you'd cover Gangplank, he's my number 1 favourite champ.

I like this build because even though your crit chance is a bit lower overall, the Sheen/Trinity Force gives you a much more reliably hard hitting parrrley throughout the whole game.

Stormsoul

12-01-2009

yessss, another guide by condon! not only are these helpful, they're freaking comedy gold. keep it up :P

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

I found parlay lost steam late game. Rarely crit for over 700.

When we win, this guide works amazing. When we lose I feel very squishy and weak.

condon

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
I found parlay lost steam late game. Rarely crit for over 700.

When we win, this guide works amazing. When we lose I feel very squishy and weak.
That's why you stay on the sidelines, and pretend you're a sneaky MFer at all times. As to the damage, there's something terribly, terribly wrong if you're doing crits for 700 end game. Terribly wrong. You should be dropping four digits like nothing on a crit. And even at 700, its not bad for a ranged hit that applies slows every 6 seconds.

Krath4

12-05-2009

I just used this strategy in a round. I overall suck with Gangplank, and decided to try out this build.

Although I forgot to get Sheen (silly me), Parrlay still did a ton of damage. My item build at the endgame was Philosophers Stone, Zeal, Infinity Edge, Frozen Heart, Berserker's Greaves, and Archangel's staff. I really only used Zeal, Frozen Heart, and Archangels as filler. However, I was still firing off Parrlay every 4 seconds or so for 500-700 damage normally and 1100+ on a critical, which happened quite often. My sword was no joke either, easily killing creeps in two swipes.

In the end, my team lost due to an awesome Singed played by the enemy team. However, I ended up with 153,000 damage dealt by endgame, 67,000 of that being Magical, and 9-13-5, which is great for me, since I'm still a new player. I'm looking forward to playing Gangplank in future matches.

Khan Dingo

12-05-2009

Quote:
Little late for that. There was this thing in Rio with a couple of hookers and a Reindeer.
Haha! You are funny. Keep on writing!

Mistake

12-05-2009

I just saw this as I'm in queue for a game... I can't wait for it to be over so I can read this. I love condon, have mah babies. =)

shiÑe

12-05-2009

YAY new condon guide!

shiÑe

12-05-2009

condon, you should do a dr.mundo guide

12345612 ... 13