Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabrestrike

01-29-2013

Sorry to perhaps derail things slightly but do you guys have any idea what direction you'd like to take Sion? His kit seems like AD fighter might have been the intent but the high AP ratios inspired people to play him as a mage.

Being a no mobility fighter is pretty hard in this game though his free stats make his potential late game AD build feel insane iff he can stay on someone.

Gofduh

01-29-2013

On the lines of this I remember you guys saying you stopped releasing 2 skins with champs to make the quality better on the one you did release. I'm not seeing it guys. I am really not seeing it.

Dulzara

01-29-2013

Honestly, how does no one seem to notice the current model of Annie's neck? That alone was reason to get her a model rework.

I mean, jesus christ, just LOOK at this.

Criomhthann

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I believe so, but not before a lot of the others mentioned. He's older and needs art love, but it's not elephant-feet bad.
Does this mean you are going to fix Warwick's absurd feet in his rework? Or is it just a splash thing?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
9 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
But still, you got to admitt that for people that were hoping for other champions to be getting skins that giving Annie, who has around 9 now if I remember correctly, was a kind of slap to the face. People have been really patient for new Udyr, Soraka, Trundle, Rumble, Diana (especially after the change of her only skin), and many other champions, how long will we have to wait to see these champs get some love instead of cash cows (not to be rude)?
For the reason I said above. If we can't make skins for them (Diana notwithstanding, but I think that's personal/anecdotal and not representative) because they need new art, or in many of these cases we do have a skin for them coming very soon, then I see no reason to not do the Annie one with the rework.

I do understand the expectations on the skin fairness issue, and I'll be coming to speak about how we prioritize (something we've changed a lot since Annie and Teemo got all the skins!), but it's not going to be "hold all this content until this other champion's skin gets done." Especially, in many cases a skin wants to be done by X date and gets additional work to be up to par.

Malizio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
I'm not going to pass on this one as I have a whole thread with like 40 red responses on Lux and skin expectations - I'll leave it to you to find it
I don't think Tarics been confirmed for an upgrade, and he's probably the most popular of all the champs that need their art updated at the moment.

Will he be soon / near future?

CynicalGiant

01-29-2013

Im assuming the order of reworks is:
- Karma (visual and ability)
- Sejuani (slight visual and slight ability)
- Heimer (visual and ability)
- Sion (total overhaul)
- Sivir (visual)
- Master Yi (visual)

Who I want to get reworked visually soon:
- Nasus (I want him to react with Renekton during the course of the game)
- Taric
- Pantheon (all of his skins look terrible because of his odd feet, except for glaive warrior)

StationaryObject

01-29-2013

I'm expecting that Soraka skin to be bad ass, Morello.
You get me, bro?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
10 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
I'm expecting that Soraka skin to be bad ass, Morello.
You get me, bro?
We scrapped and reworked the old one, that's a fair expectation. I think it delivers.

IS1919c0afb0e5a67513f39

01-29-2013

Quote:
For the reason I said above. If we can't make skins for them (Diana notwithstanding, but I think that's personal/anecdotal and not representative) because they need new art, or in many of these cases we do have a skin for them coming very soon, then I see no reason to not do the Annie one with the rework.

I do understand the expectations on the skin fairness issue, and I'll be coming to speak about how we prioritize (something we've changed a lot since Annie and Teemo got all the skins!), but it's not going to be "hold all this content until this other champion's skin gets done." Especially, in many cases a skin wants to be done by X date and gets additional work to be up to par.
I know that this is a little bit off-topic but Morello could you please tell us if there's a Zyra skin on the works? Anytime soon? She is my favorite mid champion and I would like a new skin on her