Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SR God

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yi and Sion are definitely on the list (in my mind, Sion is the WORST offender). In this case, how we prioritize has a lot of complexities - specifically for Sion, we also want to fix his gameplay, but we're not doing Sion before we get through Karma, and hopefully Heimer.

So we chose a rework that was art-only. Sivir was a runner-up, but the art team wanted to get Annie done first as it also shows a definition for non-standard age characters in our updated art style - specifically, Annie shows what children look like in League.
make sion an AP tank, take his AD elements out, and put them into a new champion that would feel like an AD sion, or the other way around. plz

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-29-2013

Morello, did Annie's rework take her aging into account?
Like, she looked like 8 and now she looks like 12?

Stylvan

01-29-2013

Quote:
I believe so, but not before a lot of the others mentioned. He's older and needs art love, but it's not elephant-feet bad.
Do you think you guys would give him an updated splash art, or wait until you guys give him a full visual update?

Schwalbenschwanz

01-29-2013

@Morello, when do we get a Taric rework?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
5 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylvan View Post
Do you think you guys would give him an updated splash art, or wait until you guys give him a full visual update?
We tend to do that with the relaunches, especially as the splash artists always have tons of work in front of them Hav'ta prioritize!

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
6 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Does this mean that we can expect another child champion in the near future? Because that would be cool (at the moment we've got Nunu and Annie, and possibly Amumu, though people say he's a Yordle...I find it more thematically-fitting if he's an immortal child, though).

I know Yordles fulfill the "chibi" niche quite well, but there's always room for people of every age. Though it's difficult to consider what niche a child could fill; as far as "kid genius" goes, the Yordles have that genre mostly covered. There could be an age-warping champion, I suppose, one who is a kid for most of the game but then transforms into an adult with fully-developed powers...though the concept is a little too similar to Shyvana and Nasus.
Nothing in the works for sure, but the "uhh children look bad in League" will no longer be a factor if it's desired.

dogbiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
I believe so, but not before a lot of the others mentioned. He's older and needs art love, but it's not elephant-feet bad.
hey morello. dont you think yi's new splash art makes him look too goofy??? i mean, look at it. he seems skinny as hell with no spine. his facial expression makes his teeth look weird as hell, and well, i know he isnt supposed to be bulky, but his torso and face look really weird. atleast HH yi splash looked more appropiate.

it worries me a little having in consideration his next model update

TheCatBug

01-29-2013

Quote:
I always felt they were sort of alligator but now that i have elephant in my mind it does fit them much better, cant wait to see whats in the works.

MooncakeForAll

01-29-2013

@Morello. Do you got any idea who will have the next update after annie?

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

In retrospect, she needed it, but it took me by surprise.

I would have had Yi on the list before her for a better model and better animations.