Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iPromi

01-29-2013

Morello, just a question;

Are there any visual rework plans or skins for Anivia coming soon or in the near future?

I think its a very old champion that could use some love aswell. Thank you.

ImsoMeow

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Typically, reworks are accompanied by a new skin (and if not right away, shortly after). Many of the champions that need skins badly are getting visual reworks also, preventing us from making the new skin until that's completed.

Nidalee and Soraka are getting new skins in the immediate future, they were just delayed to improve them a bit.

With that being said, I know it's been quite awhile since nidalees rework has been out, and the season 3 has already gone through two patches and still no new art updates for her. Champion rework like ashe, katarina, and now annie had their splash arts updated with their rework, but nidalee hasn't. Any idea as to when they will be released since I know you had said they are working hard on them?

Demonic Instinct

01-29-2013

Morello, will we ever see a Shen skin released that reveals his face? We've seen both Akali and Kennen's... I'm wondering just what the master ninja looks like under his mask.

Tyra Wadman

01-29-2013

I was surprised and I concur with many of the suggestions. Sion, sivir, etc.

Maruset

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Visual - I'm not sure. Gameplay definitely, but visual is up in the air because a lot of his charm is his derpiness.
I agree with you, Morello. Please let him stay derpy. No gritty edginess required, let some champ stay fun!

Jean Tannen

01-29-2013

Hey Morello is there going to be any new Ashe skins? She hasnt gotten any since her visual rework.

Streamline

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
This rework made me sad. While the old art wasn't great quality, it really worked for Annie thematically. It was cutesy, and Annie was all about being cute while your face melted off.

The new Annie doesn't look cute at all. She is a lot more cruel looking without retaining any of the child qualities. The resulting combination makes her feel nothing like Annie of old. I guess that's a goal with the reworks - to change the feel of the champion - but while I think it improved things for Nidalee and Soraka, it was a change for the worse for Annie.

Since I was never very good with her, I primarily played her because I wanted to play as Annie with her bear Tibbers in Co-op games. Now that motivation is gone.
Well to be fair and honest, if they wanted to go with how long league has been out, Annie should have matured a little, gotten a little darker ( after participating in the league so much ) and act a little different.

Rikukun

01-29-2013

So what about eve? She got a rework a while back both visually and gameplay wise, and has received no new skin since (although getting to buy her masquerade skin for Christmas on sale was definitely nice).

Dreampod

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Does this mean that we can expect another child champion in the near future? Because that would be cool (at the moment we've got Nunu and Annie, and possibly Amumu, though people say he's a Yordle...I find it more thematically-fitting if he's an immortal child, though).

I know Yordles fulfill the "chibi" niche quite well, but there's always room for people of every age. Though it's difficult to consider what niche a child could fill; as far as "kid genius" goes, the Yordles have that genre mostly covered. There could be an age-warping champion, I suppose, one who is a kid for most of the game but then transforms into an adult with fully-developed powers...though the concept is a little too similar to Shyvana and Nasus.
They need to make a legendary skin for Zilean where he occasionally has a wormhole blip around him and transforms to a different era of his time travelling. Add a child Zilean and a white jumpsuit with IPodesque clock and then let him randomly transform between his default, those two, and any of his other skins you own (new feature!). They could mix in some new particles and voice overs for some of his other skins while building this and make it into the most awesome Zilean skin that feeds into his time traveller concept.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Morgana.

How she can think she's intimidating with those soggy cardboard wings is beyond me, nevermind the shriveled up frozen claw-hands that reinforce her animation as "goth girl stroke victim".

At this point I think Zyra's plants have more polygons than Morgana's entire model.