upcoming sejuani rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slappybiscuit

01-26-2013

I read recently that Sejuani was going to get a rework and according to the article I read RIOT was looking to get the Boar more involved with the game as well as add some durability to her kit. My gripe is that her gameplay can become pretty static at times. Here's a few ideas I had that address some of Sejuani's weak points, attempt to give a feel that Sejuani is a hardened barbarian as well as get Bristle involved in the fight a little more.

Passive - Sejuani gains health based off a percentage of her attack damage or Attack damaged based off a percentage of her health. Or perhaps after Sejuani's health drops to a certain amount the she and the boar go into a frenzy increasing damage or defense for a short duration. Maybe have the boar have frost breath or something.

Gore (Artic Assault) - Bristle charges in and the first enemy Champion he collides with Gores the target, Sejuani Whops the target over the head with her Flail. (scales off AD)

Stomp (replacing Northern Winds) - Bristle stomps the ground around him, dealing AOE damage and slowing/dazing enemies. Basic attacks Sejuani lands on dazed targets refreshes the slow/daze. (scales off AP and max health / targets hit while dazed by the flail does bonus damage scaling off AD)

Permafrost - Activated, Sejuani gains an Armor buff for a short duration, during the duration any enemy who Sejuani attacks or attacks her receives a frost debuff and is dealt low amount of damage. After the duration, Permafrost deals damage to every target with a frost debuff in the area, they are slowed. (scales off AP)

Ultimate - While this doesn't need to be changed at all, if it Riot felt it needed to be nerfed for balance reasons, perhaps a way to compensate would be for it to leave behind a patch of frost for a small duration that slowed enemies in the area of where it landed.

I would like to see Sejuani have that Barbarian Boar Rider feel, and these suggestions help do that while not changing how she plays all that much. (For instance, instead of cold wind swirling around her like a mage, the boar stomps the ground to the same effect.)

The AD/AP difference will allow for different builds, I can see Stomp/Permafrost favoring attack speed as well. The passive allows for some extra damage from building health (or health from building AD if Riot chose to go that route with it). These changes also preserve the overall feel of the current Sejuani with the AOE damage and slowing capablity, while adding some extra durability as well.

TLDR: A couple suggestions on how to improve Sejuani's kit, and make her more dynamic to play.

fletche00

01-26-2013

I saw a Hec top w/ Sejuni jungle yesterday, they did nothing but rape face all game, that is a nasty combo.

I like this, but currently, they are testing a few things in PBE right now, I believe she will be getting the next official rework (as in fully completed) I do know they are also working on Heim, Karma and Viktor also.

RobTron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

i really don't think she needs much shes also got allot better season 3 compared to 2 i like her current state in season 3 so any buff they give her will make me happy

Slappybiscuit

01-26-2013

I agree, I think she is fully capable of holding her own especially in the right hands. My gripe is that her gameplay can become pretty static at times and I am hoping that it will get addressed at some level. I wouldn't even mind losing Northern Winds in place of something else. I like Northern Winds and it's relied upon a lot for her damage, but if they changed it to improved her gameplay while keeping her balanced I wouldn't mind that.

Thessalonike

01-26-2013

You should post your idea in Meddlers thread.

Slappybiscuit

01-26-2013

Thank you Raviance. I saw the post in the EU and couldn't find it right away in the NA forums. I did find it and put my post there. I changed some things to make it more coherent as well, I made the updated changes to my original post.

Slappybiscuit

01-27-2013

What's with the downvotes? I am not asking for nerfs or buffs or even changing how she's played, just trying to think of ways to incorporate the boar, and the barbarian style into her kit.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLL0L

01-30-2013

No, I believe Sejuani is a fine champion as is, no need to rework as it is. Only thing I wish for is some better skins.

Stevefin

01-30-2013

She ended up getting an indirect buff with the new season, season of the health meta

Slappybiscuit

01-31-2013

I also think she is more or less fine the way she is. I just heard that there was a rework in store of her, so I thought of some ideas on how to do that without changing how she is played much. But also opening up potential different builds and exploring more ways to get her combat more engaging and skill animations to better match her character model.

At times I feel like there is nothing to do in team-fights when waiting for the cooldowns to come back, trying to get attacks for extra damage would be something to do, and having a choice to make on whether or not to activate E for armor or immediate damage. These aren't supposed to be buffs, just a twist on what is already there. If people took the time to read and compare to her kit the way it is now it would be the same thing (with the exception of the passive change which RIOT said they were looking to do).