Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best assassin talon or zed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Zed Ever

01-25-2013

This debate is why I exist.

Literally.

CamaHa

01-25-2013

I vote Akali. Much more slippery than any of those guys.

ImpTaimer

01-25-2013

Zed is good.

Talon is better.

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Tru3che

01-25-2013

I personally like zed more but I'm biased due to probably having 50 more games with him than with talon. I can see the ups and downs as both. But honestly I don't think I've ever really laned with zed lol I kept tryin to get his jungling to work well

judgeshowtunes

01-26-2013

Zed.

Talon is a quintessential assassin: He jumps in, makes it hard to fight back, and does a ton of damage all at once. He's pretty good at this. I think he's a pretty effective champion. I've played him a little, and he's pretty solid.

I've played a lot of Zed (mostly mid lane).

He's monstrous. The damage he does is obscene. He does it safely. There's very little risk involved until he wants there to be, with almost no drop in consistency. Not only does he do a ton of damage with his shadows, but they serve as amazing utility as well. They're ranged harass, they're gap closers, they're escapes, they're burst spells. They do everything. They refresh faster every time you E. He has a ton of mechanics to get back energy. Oh, did I mention that he works on energy? No worries about being OOM in lane.

His ult is ridiculous. Guaranteed damage + 20/35/50% of everything he does while the dot is on the enemy. That's dumb. It really is. There is nothing quite like ulting, bursting the hell out of something, and then walking away action-movie style while they blow up behind you. Honestly, it's freaking awesome. It also gives people false hope, like they might get away. Sounds like a flavor thing, but it's mechanical, too. They're likely to blow Flash thinking they can get away, and then *POP*, they die, and their Flash is wasted as well.

Zed is definitely better. Talon isn't bad, by any stretch. He's still a great assassin. Really is.

Zed is better.

Trigin

Recruiter

01-26-2013

Zed would be better.

Tru3che

01-26-2013

Always makes me enthusiastic when I read someone's post on zed lol. I feel like I've got him down pretty good but in my opinion he is def one of those champs that you can always improve at

The Legend Of

01-26-2013

zed is much easier to stop lategame then a talon is, because all of talons damage is upfront and instant, opposed to zed who has delayed damage. if zed gets exhausted right after he ults someone it basically makes him worthless, opposed to talon who does all his burst in 1 second and if you exhaust him after you just wasted your exhaust.

as far as laning goes, zed has can do both top/mid, where as talon is limited to mid most of the time because he cant deal with tankier targets early. talon counters mid much harder in most cases then a zed will though, and he has an incrredibly strong roam due to his ult cd being negligable at best, esp with bluebuff.

as far as lategame goes talon does the burst a squishy assasin job more efficiently then a zed will, especially because there are multiple things that can just decreases zeds damage to nothing (zhonyas, kayle ult after ult has been applied from zed, heals, armor buffs, the ability to lifesteal during the ult etc) where as talons is instant, but if he doesnt instagib his target he isnt able to stay in the fight as well due to his squishy nature.

LSA

01-26-2013

Talon has much much much better teamfight presence since his aoe abilities hurt like hell. This is coming from a Zed player. Talon could also murder Zed in lane pre-6.

Zeds ult is too easy to get rid of in my opinion, and he has really bad energy problems.

GodTurnedEvil

01-26-2013

Zed doesnt need to snow ball like talon to be useful lategame. Zed can go off tank, and still do **** loads of damage with just a BT and LW.
Zed scales hard.into lategame.

Zed can be played.mid, jungle,top. He brings more to the team which makes him one of the top tier champs right now