Mordekaiser rework, answers inside.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GirlsInDaTruck

10-22-2010

So I've been seeing a lot of threads about Mordekaiser and people questioning his rework.

Here is the reason why he is being reworked:
Mordekaiser is meant to be a DPS in the way Udyr is. Start fights, stay in them, help win them. Possibly carry a team. Currently, people build him tanky and do small packets of damage over time.

Truth is, his Q, is one of, if not the most powerful ability in the game. His W shield helps him survive fights, his E doesn't really fit in, and when I play DPS morde, I take a few points to E and max it when I am forced to. Otherwise his Q has a really short CD and is probably his best ability second to his Ultimate.

If you follow the recommended build given, and take Madred's Bloodrazors in exchange of Doran's Shield, and Trinity Force after Phage, you WILL see the playstyle Riot intended for Mordekaiser. Not Boots 4x Sunfire 1 FoN.

Whyumai

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsInDaTruck View Post
So I've been seeing a lot of threads about Mordekaiser and people questioning his rework.
I thought one of the Riot Employee's (Shurelia maybe?) said it had something to do with the fact that Morde can't really duo lane well (he's basically a solo lane only character to be effective) which is not a good thing when you think about it (also, I don't think he's a viable jungler). I could be wrong on that, but, I think I remember reading that somewhere.

GirlsInDaTruck

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
I thought one of the Riot Employee's (Shurelia maybe?) said it had something to do with the fact that Morde can't really duo lane well (he's basically a solo lane only character to be effective) which is not a good thing when you think about it (also, I don't think he's a viable jungler). I could be wrong on that, but, I think I remember reading that somewhere.
I am not sure about that reasoning either, but when I play Mordekaiser I run 9/0/21 with exp quints, so it doesn't matter for me. But in a solo lane he really does shine. You might be right about the duo thing.

Wodin Ymir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

Quote:

Here is the reason why he is being reworked:
Mordekaiser is meant to be a DPS in the way Udyr is. Start fights, stay in them, help win them. Possibly carry a team. Currently, people build him tanky and do small packets of damage over time.

Truth is, his Q, is one of, if not the most powerful ability in the game. His W shield helps him survive fights, his E doesn't really fit in, and when I play DPS morde, I take a few points to E and max it when I am forced to. Otherwise his Q has a really short CD and is probably his best ability second to his Ultimate.

If you follow the recommended build given, and take Madred's Bloodrazors in exchange of Doran's Shield, and Trinity Force after Phage, you WILL see the playstyle Riot intended for Mordekaiser. Not Boots 4x Sunfire 1 FoN.
The only thing Mordekaiser and Udyr have in common is that they both tend to get focused in fights.

His E does fit in and 9/10 is more useful than his Q as Morde shouldn't be played as AD ( I will agree his Q with either a trinity force or a lichbane on a single target is lulz.)

Salacavalini

10-22-2010

"Meant to be" and "is viable as" are not the same thing.

Also, tank Udyr~

GirlsInDaTruck

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliiquem View Post
The only thing Mordekaiser and Udyr have in common is that they both tend to get focused in fights.

His E does fit in and 9/10 is more useful than his Q as Morde shouldn't be played as AD ( I will agree his Q with either a trinity force or a lichbane on a single target is lulz.)
Yeah thats what I meant. But on his E, its like a finisher really. It does do alot of damage if you max it early, but maxing his Q early is even more fun

GirlsInDaTruck

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacavalini View Post
"Meant to be" and "is viable as" are not the same thing.

Also, tank Udyr~
I believe it is much more viable to play Mordekaiser with the build I mentioned/DPS than to play him tanky. DPS morde is just ownage. But don't take my word for it, try it.

Siegfryd

10-22-2010

His Q is absolutely worthless because it requires you to get within melee range on a character that has no way to get within melee range easily. Every other melee character has some sort of gap closer or slow to do this but Mordekaiser doesn't.

Zylina

10-22-2010

Hi there, I play morde on TT a lot and this is what I think.

R>W>E>Q

Aegis
Sorc Boots
Abyssal Scepter
G.A.
Rylai's or Frozen Mallet
--omg game is so long-- Madred's

9/0/21 masteries with runes: mpen (red) | hp/lvl (yellow) | flat cdr (blue) | flat hp (quint)

Items may change slightly. if it's physical heavy team it'll usually be a chainmail or two rather than abyssal, then upgrade into g.a. and sunfire, or g.a. and thornmail.

Sometimes if I'm really fed/farmed I'll go for an early warmog's just because it makes me laugh.

TT is a lot different than SR though so your opinions may differ.

Wodin Ymir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

Quote:
Yeah thats what I meant. But on his E, its like a finisher really. It does do alot of damage if you max it early, but maxing his Q early is even more fun
Truth be told it really isn't worth putting more than a point into MoS until late game Siphon and Creeping Death ( Yes even this) out perform MoS in every way.