Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I miss having buffs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nularia

01-25-2013

You know, like, actual buffs...

The altars are too much of a chore in a game.. it feels like you spend half the game farming and baby sitting alters trying not to fall behind, because the moment you do. *boom* snowball to hell.

At least with the old buffs, it was singular gold if someone took them, not giving your entire team 80-160g for taking one or more of the alters + buffs.

I also miss dragon engagements...

I miss stategy.. new map just promotes zerging constantly and beating your head against your enemies health bar until you win or die.

I dunno I 've tried for the longest times to "Like" the new "Twisted Treeline" but honestly, I'm just playing it to play 3's, I'm not really having that much fun :-\

It's not something I've jumped to the conclusion on, it's been out for a while, the only "Fun" thing is trolling around with AP teemo with mushrooms everywhere.

The old map may have had it's faults, but this map just seems sooo... bland.. it's an extremely faceroll map with a fresh coat of paint on it and a spooky theme.

Not to mention all the "Balance" changes they made, have only really served to make tanky bruisers more dominate in the game.

I come on these forums time and time again, and see at least 3-4 threads talking about how much they missed the old map, yet riot seems convinced no one ever really played it...

I also remember people in old three's being nicer.. since the new 3's started up, people's additude towards things have declined a bit, I easily see twice as many verbally abusing people playing 3's now, I know in the short 150ish games I've played in 3's at least 15-20% of the games had a leaver of some sort, which is really high compared to the old treeline where I might see leavers once every 30-40 games (and those were generally one sided stomp fests)

Also, snowballing is ridiculous now, I can't say that it's really fun to make one mistake in the early game, and then more often then not lose the game because the enemy managed to get that small lead, and snowball out of control.

Just my dear diary of the day, but I really do miss the old map :-\ I really think riot should at least think about bringing it back as a custom map if nothing else, it's obvious a fair amount of people want it back.

Eloquid

01-25-2013

Well said my friend. New map sucks beyond all description but Riot will never admit that. Old map was better even in S2, but new one in S3 is just a boring farmfest (with reduced minion value). Winner is a team who has most patience at farming, that's all.

thegoochmiester

01-25-2013

Quote:
Eloquid:
Well said my friend. New map sucks beyond all description but Riot will never admit that. Old map was better even in S2, but new one in S3 is just a boring farmfest (with reduced minion value). Winner is a team who has most patience at farming, that's all.

The one thing I see the most about tt not si tt is that it was a smaller version of sr. What is sr? A pve farmfest. With light pvp harass. Si tt has increased the speed in which team fights happen. And how often they happen. If you don't want team fights then don't push lane and last hit like you do in sr. Play safe like you would in tt.

Lachrimae

01-25-2013

But there's little farming. I like farming somewhat.. just the amount I used to.
I also liked being able to find your opposing team's role at the big wraiths, and fight them to the death with little interference from team (and juking, even if it took flash).

Eloquid

01-27-2013

And playing hide and seek in all those passages.... They could have balanced it by making them unflashable if they thought some champs with inbuilt flash were unfair there.

Turtle Omega

01-27-2013

I farm just as much as I did in the previous Twisted Treeline, even more sometimes.
Easy jungle opens up for easy farm

Nevermorezorz

01-27-2013

I really miss the old TT as well. I think this map is worse than the old one.

Outshine

01-27-2013

I like the New TT more.
Mainly cause I like killing. .-.

Roman

01-27-2013

Nerf Vilemaw

PurpleURP

01-28-2013

replace the altars with buff camps, mid speed relic with a buff monster. Simple.