Xypherous- heimerdinger

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerophobia

Senior Member

01-25-2013

For the off chance he even pays attention, replys to things he said here> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3006568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

For example, if we've indirectly nerfed something - there might be a chance we're not aware of how big the impact was or how core it was to a particular playstyle. Talking about it helps to inform us of the magnitude of the change if we were off on our initial assessments.
.
You mean like how you've indirectly nerfed him 3 or 4 times within the past few months. Lastly nerfing and refusing to revert said indirect nerf the only thing that he had left which was taking towers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

That is, because leaving your lane once causes you to automatically lose the tower - that character's laning potential has to, essentially, be awful. This particular change has been needed for a very long time in order to ensure that Heimerdinger can have something resembilng a laning phase to begin with.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Leaving lane once? Talking as if everyone in the game cant push for **** and only heimer can. In case you forgot champions that have AoE farming abilities DO EXIST XYPHEROUS. Abilities that are on shorter cooldowns then heimers place-able turrets. Leave lane once you say? With what may i ask am i to destroy their turret from 100%-0% when they go back to base once. My turrets you say? you mean the ones on obnoxious cooldowns that i must use to push the lane to tower and will most likely not have turrets ready when i get to their tower. On top of that not having nearly enough time to 100%-0% the tower before the enemy gets back. That statement is ridiculously unwarranted and quite frankly angers me.If you want to make comments about pushing towers and nerfing them for it i'd like to bring rengar into the situation. AoE waves and push to tower and take half the health of the tower in a matter of a second and the rest shortly after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Heimerdinger's kit interactions with towers, I've generally found to be the thing holding him back from his kit being a versatile area controller - because ultimately - you don't want to control an area with turrets, you just down their towers.
HA, more like i dont want to control an area with his turrets because they CANT control an area like they are supposed to. Squishy, short range, long cd's and a small amount of them. Tell me, how do you expect me (and others) to control an area with something that dies in 1/2 hits MID GAME without even so much as damaging the person killing them. Not even damaging them because they are either 1. too short ranged to even hit the person back or 2. Too stupid and are shooting minions while you are sitting there having your turrets and yourself murdered.

That being said I do understand why this change would need to be made if his kit was improved, because like you said he is amazing at taking towers. However why not just wait until the re-make is ready? Why take a champion (a very FUN champion) who is barely hanging on to any form of playability and annihilate what little strengths he had left?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Remember the comment I made earlier about burning 105 champions to help one?

This is the inverse - in short, this change wasn't directed at Heimerdinger specifically - though it is required for him in the future - but streamline tower and tower play across all champions, especially for lane snowball cases.
So, in short...you are nerfing him AGAIN when he didnt need it in the name of overall balance, promising NOTHING once again in return for said nerf and giving us the same old "the rework is coming SOON(tm)" response?

2 Years since time of death and counting. Gee, i wish those buffs and that turret AI overhaul you promised a year and a half ago actually ever came around... Might have been a different situation sitting around waiting for a disgusting amount of time then....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Remember the comment I made earlier about burning 105 champions to help one?
hahaha, HELP? You don't know the meaning of the word. I fail to understand how not murdering a champion even further is considered harmful to all other champions in the game. Especially when the champion in question is already in a horrible place. Maybe people who don't like heimer pushing towers should just play syndra? You know....the champion you designed that completely counters heimerdinger.... The one you released not too long ago indirectly nerfing heimer again. It was my understanding that counters like this were made for a reason... But i guess not, you apparently just enjoy nerfing heimerdinger over and over and over. When you supply a counter to his playstyle and then nerf his strengths once again... I fail to see why you provide the the counter in the first place. Remove syndras interactions with heimers turrets or deprioritize heimers turrets in the turret kill order. Fine with me, don't help me. I learned from the 3's map remake that we don't want to ask for things from you. Don't help him, just leave him alone and stop nerfing him even more if you're not going to do anything about him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I will say that you're entirely right to feel that way - and it sucks - but bear with us and keep letting us know when we've hit something that is an issue. In any event, I certainly have more ammo to re prioritize projects, for example.
Bear with you? Theres a certain point where you cant just ask everyone to bear with you anymore. Leaving him to rot for 2 years with not even as much as a QoL change (many that were promised might i add!) and a continuous stream of indirect nerfs marks that time i believe. The amount of time he has been like this is disgusting by itself but accompanied with the indirect nerfs as well just makes me want to question your seemingly brain dead thought process.

Not to be hateful or anything but maybe you should just transfer the heimer project over to guinsoo. Always hearing about the good work that hes doin on the karma rework project. It may be better to wait for him to finish that and then go on to work on the heimer rework project. Better than waiting for soon(tm). And at least with guinsoo he is voluntarily giving out info on his rework on twitter and i dont see any month long, season long halt excuses because of said info being released unlike the leaked heimer info somehow causing the whole project to be scrapped.
If You are offended by that xypherous, then please explain to me how that release of info on the heimer rework causes you to halt or completely scrap the rework for months and months on end. Because that makes NO sense to me and most others i assume.

Xypherous- severely disappointed with you
Guinsoo- Good job, you got a lot of fans following you. Keep on keepin on with what you are doing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerophobia

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Also, don't understand why you make the point like you want people to give you ideas on changes with him and such...but you've made it clear that you wont do anything but nerf him until the rework comes out. People that point out buffs, or changes are just ignored by Soon(tm) is when the rework is coming..
Tons of people have made it clear that they think his current kit is fine if given buffs in certain areas. But well, ya know....nothing but nerfs until the rework comes out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

bump for the sake of bumping for the sake of nevergettingbuffederdinger


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

Senior Member

01-25-2013

It's ok, they're busy making a new Lux skin after the Steel Legion one instead of fixing or updating old champions.

The issues that matter ™


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Q Destroyer

Member

01-25-2013

He would be so playable with a few simple buffs. I mean..c'mon it has been too long.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

I will be the first one in this thread to point out tat we don't want league of heimerdinger (season 1 OP heimer) to happen again though. That was some real Bullcrap.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbr1 En Brazil View Post
I will be the first one in this thread to point out tat we don't want league of heimerdinger (season 1 OP heimer) to happen again though. That was some real Bullcrap.
Because League of Blitzcranks, Shens, Malphites, Ezreals is much better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerophobia

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbr1 En Brazil View Post
I will be the first one in this thread to point out tat we don't want league of heimerdinger (season 1 OP heimer) to happen again though. That was some real Bullcrap.
And league of twisted fates was much better right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerophobia View Post
And league of twisted fates was much better right?
Hands down, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeIIow 13 View Post
Because League of Blitzcranks, Shens, Malphites, Ezreals is much better.
Without question.

Heimer had nearly zero counterplay.

I LOVE heimerdinger ad have spent money on him and look forward to him being truly viable again I just don't want him to be overbuffed. Buff his turrets, fix the AI, do something about his nearly useless grenades like make their travel speed double what it is and with ult just a targeted spell like Karthus' Q and give him better #'s on his passive. GG.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbr1 En Brazil View Post
Hands down, yes.



Without question.

Heimer had nearly zero counterplay.
You mean he had zero counterplay before it was common to stick AP middle and have no jungler. These days a Heimer would either get ganked hard or bursted hard.


12345 ... 7