If Heimey is Getting a rework Make him an AP bruiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Chalk

01-24-2013

Right now, players who play Heimerdinger correctly send him top or to counter bruiser mid. The issues Heimey faces are mana consumption and overall squishyness.

Compare him to other APs generally sent top. Ryze has a non-skillshot snare and benefits damage-wise from building defense and mana. Akali uses energy instead of mana. Rumble is resourceless. Mordekaiser uses Health as a resource. Vlad uses Health as a resource.

Heimerdinger in his current form is designed to go against AP Mids, not bruisers, yet the synergy in his kit is countered by ranged AP carry's and actually counters bruisers.

Maybe he would be better off with lower mana costs and higher defense stats post-rework?

just my two cents.

The Canadian Kid

01-24-2013

change his concussion grenade into a pipe bomb or something, you think a revered well spoken prodigy inventer would do something about a unreliable explosive.

Kaza Toast

01-24-2013

I have heard of heimers going top before. sounds like an interesting idea. For pokey champs the damage does not stick as well because of his passive regen at the start of the game. It would be interesting to see a little guy like heimer tanking damage. I think they would have to make some kind of skill-based shield that is related to HEXTECH to make that make sense for his character.

Mr Chalk

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaza Toast View Post
I have heard of heimers going top before. sounds like an interesting idea. For pokey champs the damage does not stick as well because of his passive regen at the start of the game. It would be interesting to see a little guy like heimer tanking damage. I think they would have to make some kind of skill-based shield that is related to HEXTECH to make that make sense for his character.
well, at the moment Heimerdinger top does well against melees without pokes that don;t stack health.

However, he is still overall weak in comparrison to other AP tops, and can use some adjusting, without losing the core concepts of his play style. (turrets, a long range easy to land high damage poke, a stun (with maybe a blind), and a perma slow.

Kaza Toast

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoardfighter View Post
well, at the moment Heimerdinger top does well against melees without pokes that don;t stack health.

However, he is still overall weak in comparrison to other AP tops, and can use some adjusting, without losing the core concepts of his play style. (turrets, a long range easy to land high damage poke, a stun (with maybe a blind), and a perma slow.
yeah he is very squishy. you'd have to play him very well because trading with heimer would end with his death much faster than normal ad tops.

FabulousJeremy

01-24-2013

The only way that Heimer would really be allowed to be viable is if he couldn't use his turrets to destroy enemy structures. Few champions in the game have as much pushing potential as Heimerdinger, considering he keeps minion waves shoved and he can press the pressure onto the tower afterward. Most champs either have wave clear or tower pushing, Heimer gets a strong taste of both.

If he was changed to where he couldn't use his turrets on towers, he could actually have a lot of base stats and utility given back to him.

Kaza Toast

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
The only way that Heimer would really be allowed to be viable is if he couldn't use his turrets to destroy enemy structures. Few champions in the game have as much pushing potential as Heimerdinger, considering he keeps minion waves shoved and he can press the pressure onto the tower afterward. Most champs either have wave clear or tower pushing, Heimer gets a strong taste of both.

If he was changed to where he couldn't use his turrets on towers, he could actually have a lot of base stats and utility given back to him.
so much agreement here it hurts.
I think most heimer players have come to terms with the fact that we will probably have to give up his tower pushing potential. In exchange though I would hope they would buff him back up so he does not get pushed over by a stiff breeze.

Mr Chalk

01-24-2013

Bump

Kaza Toast

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoardfighter View Post
Bump
since we are both talking about heimer here, would you mind bumping my thread too?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3036125
My logic here is that the more heimer threads we can get on the front page with good discussion the better chance we get to have reds see our posts and -hopfully- respond!
also bump

sleepisdeath

01-25-2013

hi there
i made this thread to gather all heimer players for the sake of our beloved inventor.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3042773