The New Rank System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiveVu

01-24-2013

As much as I hate to say this, because I wasn't a fan of the old elo system. It was better than this new rank tier division ****.

I definitely prefer old system over this new one. Please bring it back or adjust the new one. The new system just makes climbing so much harder.

With the old system, you know you win 11-14 elo per game, that's approx 9 games to reach a new tier.

With the new one, you basically have to beat 20 people or more in your grouping, just to have a chance to climb to a new tier. Once you are up for promotion you have to play the best of 5 matches.

Basically approx 30 games. You are working 3x harder just to climb. Ridiculous.

Root and Shaw

01-24-2013

New system might be better at preventing those 15-1 25 minute stomps though. give it a chance first QQ

RexSaur

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsKill View Post
New system might be better at preventing those 15-1 25 minute stomps though. give it a chance first QQ
Matchmaking is still exactly the same, you're matched with/against ppl near your MMR/Hidden elo regardless of division/tier that you are in, which is the same thing as right now except the fact that we wont be able to see elo anymore.

DaGenius

01-24-2013

Well...I think I like the new system a lot more than the old one... and then reason behind is that sometimes the "good players' (people that work hard to reach higher elo) elo gets messed up by noobs...I personally had my elo dropped from 1600 - 1400 due to the trolls (leavers, feeders). The new system keeps you in where you should be at with your skills. However, I'd also like to see some changes...for example.. Players' elo's. Its always nice to see those epic numbers when your elo is high :3. Also...other ranks...e.x. If I'm in Gold rank right now...I wont be able to view people that are in silver, bronze, platinum, and diamond.

Tazzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iL4w View Post
As much as I hate to say this, because I wasn't a fan of the old elo system. It was better than this new rank tier division ****.

I definitely prefer old system over this new one. Please bring it back or adjust the new one. The new system just makes climbing so much harder.

With the old system, you know you win 11-14 elo per game, that's approx 9 games to reach a new tier.

With the new one, you basically have to beat 20 people or more in your grouping, just to have a chance to climb to a new tier. Once you are up for promotion you have to play the best of 5 matches.

Basically approx 30 games. You are working 3x harder just to climb. Ridiculous.
I don't know where in the world you are getting your facts from but they are all wrong

ModeOmega

01-24-2013

The new system is great so far!

AriesMajor

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModeOmega View Post
The new system is great so far!

I was kind of put off by the new system at first, but after testing it and seeing how it would be I gotta say, its way better, because I've noticed if you're playing a set of games to get ranked up, you tend to get put with other people that are about to rank up. This sets the heat and focus of your team on high the whole match like serious plays get made. And way less leavers and trolls than in the normal match ups.

hi im Einstein

01-24-2013

Here is an video with the new ranked system explained. Its not official tought.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdG-FzA5-A

Cause Im Sona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

better nerf irelia

Noric

01-25-2013

High elo players had no issues climbing before. Taking an extra day to get to 2k is not an issue. For those of us that are not going to experience 90% winrate the new system is much more interactive and less stagnant. If we have a hot streak we actually have a chance to gain something from it instead of the number just dropping again. If someone gets above where they should be - the system will kick them out. However, it lets you actually track yourself against others and it makes the system less "dynamic" in the sense that you aren't worried about your number compared to thousands of others changing every game.