Garen needs a nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GiottoXIII

01-30-2013

it is exceedingly difficult to kill tank garen ( having played him a few times for fun) but honestly anyone with half a brain will just ignore most of tank garen's damage and focus the adc/apc's wherein he becomes totally unviable because the damage dished out most is mostly from them usually when tank garen succeeds its because he's so tanky he just survives everything is there to cleanup the low health stragglers...

ImpTaimer

01-30-2013

I Garen-tee he won't get one.

SnowTiger

01-30-2013

please dont ask to nerf one of my main.

garen is fine, just need to learn how to fight him.

ROOOOOAST

01-30-2013

Put garen in a 1v2. Or just kite him

Stevefin

01-30-2013

Wait, this thread again? did you not only make this exact thread only a few days ago word for word?

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

I agree.

Garen can literally survive anything, and it's getting ridiculous.
Last game I played, our team was winning, and our bot lane (Myself as Thresh, and an ally as Varus) were doing extremely well early game, keeping the enemy Draven and Thresh at bay. Then out of nowhere, a Garen shows up, kills us both, and continues to just destroy every one of us every team fight, even when we went for the right targets. Didn't matter, Garen just prettymuch solo'd the whole ****ing team. Trying to build against it made no difference. Needless to say the enemy team won because they ended up all fed by the 40 minute mark. It's sickening that Riot has allowed Garen to slide under the radar like this, alongside Katarina and Akali. All 3 of them need nerfs. Effective Immediately.

ItachiEdoT

01-31-2013

I say the same play is victory more or less than 90% insured people who play it will only take a lot of life and armor (radium, warmog, sunfire cape) and some damage = GG

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

I agree with the poster 100%

Garen gets passive defense boost, a large speed boost he can use for offense or defense, has a good farming ability and can spike people to death from 40% health.

While I agree that ranged always has the advantage over close quarters champions, when the champion is like Garen and has "the whole package" (other than being close quarters instead of ranged), and that simply is unfair to other champions who have tradeoffs.

Invisibleally

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevefin View Post
Wait, this thread again? did you not only make this exact thread only a few days ago word for word?
*I* recently made a thread called "Garen level: wtf. Is it just me?"

Invisibleally

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpaws View Post
please dont ask to nerf one of my main.

garen is fine, just need to learn how to fight him.
Dude, you're cheating yourself as much as you're cheating anyone else if you are playing something way overpowered- you don't want to win simply because your abilities are completely unfair do you? Winning with no challenge is boring.

Have you tried fighting Garen?

A lot of people just say to kite him, but you can say that about every close quarters champion in the gameBUT THE PROBLEM with that is that league doesn't give ranged characters much of an advantage over ranged characters because if ranged characters always won, there would be no reason for anyone to play melee champions.

A couple of my favorite champions are Urgot and Twitch. As Urgot I can slowly whittle Garen down at a long distance with corrosive charge and hunter missiles, and slow him with my shield when he dashes at me, but he TANKS LIKE A ...FRICKIN'....CRAZY BOSS! (LIKE A BAWS). Even with serious armor pen (tried cleaver with ghostblade, cleaver with last whisper, and even straight up damage) I can't break through- and if he ever gets in close to me, it's Silence+Spin+instakill. Same thing with Twitch- I ult as I come out of stealth and hammer away at Garen, but in the end all I can do is chip away at his health. I don't play Cass or Brand much but even their massive spikes don't seem as effective!