Garen needs a nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aces2kj

01-24-2013

What the tittle says he needs a nerf his health regen early game is too much he builds full o tank and can still dish out a whole bunch of damage and he has that ridiculous Q movement speed and silence I hate it that when people said rengar was OP because he could build tanky and still do alot of damage but apparently its ok for garen he really needs a nerf.

ReasonablyInsec

01-24-2013

Garen has no gap closer (35% ms ain't enuf) and no range. He can get kited very easily. Plus, he needs damage items to effectively fight. Building 6 Warmogs isn't enough.

HenryKrinkle

01-24-2013

Briefly put, Garen is a very opportunistic player and relies on Damage and Critical Chance to poke/sneak and clean up if he can. In Lane, he is only trouble for people who aren't careful and overextend. I play Garen and in my experience I do not know for the love of Demacia why people try to kill minions away from turret when Garen is level 7. Don't do that; don't kill creep near me. Garen will Q you, E the hell out of you, and then R you. Stay near your turret.
If you are ranged, don't let me start health regen; keep poking, and don't get Q'ed.

And if you try to 2v1 Garen top, that wont work with smart Garen because they'll ward and stay near their turret, and be at the same level, if not more, as the 2 opponent top.

Late game, good Garens have four Damage items 3 of them being most likely critical chance; but NOT tanky items. Maybe 6th Item is tanky. A tanky Garen is wasted Garen - don't focus him.
Also, smart Garens stay at the back of the pack, and don't initiate. Keep that in mind.

tl;dr: Ward + Stay at your tower when 1v1 top against Garen. Wait for your jungler to gank.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

No, he doesn't need a nerf, you need to learn how to properly kite and space yourself.

Vuther

01-24-2013

Stop being bad and fighting against him as a non-ranged.

HenryKrinkle

01-25-2013

Just played a game against Rengar top 1v1 and wanted to say that Rengar is pretty even against Garen if used cautiously. With that said, that doesn't mean you can own Garen with him

Rakhlikh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

I usually don't post on the threads but

Quote:
Garen has no gap closer (35% Move-speed isn't enough) and no range. He can get kited very easily. Plus, he needs damage items to effectively fight. Building 6 Warmogs isn't enough.
He removes all movement impairing effects.
Also Riot just nerfed Riven for being a lane bully, but Garen is ridiculous compared to the old Riven due to how much he is able to get in a single trade and heal it all back so easily. They build tank, but deal so much damage along with the Execution ability.
Plus, if Garen gets stunned (let's say by Renekton, Riven, ) his spin still goes, and damages said champion (They have to get in range to stun) and they can't even trade with a stun and harass due to his high tankiness and high life regeneration early.

Vuther

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhlikh View Post
I usually don't post on the threads but

Also Riot just nerfed Riven for being a lane bully, but Garen is ridiculous compared to the old Riven due to how much he is able to get in a single trade and heal it all back so easily. They build tank, but deal so much damage along with the Execution ability.
Plus, if Garen gets stunned (let's say by Renekton, Riven, ) his spin still goes, and damages said champion (They have to get in range to stun) and they can't even trade with a stun and harass due to his high tankiness and high life regeneration early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Stop being bad and fighting against him as a non-ranged.
When Garen is ahead, he still probably gets kited. When Riven gets ahead, she dashes into whatever she wants dead and kill it. There's the difference.

TheFriendlyUncle

01-30-2013

no, garen cannot dishout whole lot of damage if he is building full tank

JustMyBassCannon

01-30-2013

Quote:
Wrong. He removes all slows upon activation of his Q. Snares, stuns, etc. still work, and if you hit him AFTER he starts his Q, that works too.
Quote:
Garen's really easy. Unless you're stupid enough to fall for a bush monkey champion, you should have no problems with him. At all. He's slow without his Q, and melee range.
Quote:
So hey, guess what? Best way to do it is either to stun and run, or wait until his E is on cooldown.