Is Twisted Fate a good jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoltaireLeone

01-24-2013

I really want to become good at twisted fate, however in this account and in another, I often lose as him, and I've begun to wonder if it's because of the roles I've been playing in-game. Usually I go solo mid or top because I've found it easy to clear minion waves in those lanes. Is that wrong? If it is or isn't, is it still a good idea to choose the role of jungler? I've seen in a few games that a jungler has turned our tables around and manage to score us a very lucky win. Is it a good idea?

GON the Mage Guy

01-24-2013

He's really not a good jungler, as most ranged auto attackers aren't.

He's seen play as an AD Carry bottom (rare these days) or an AP mid. Focus on last hitting rather than outright clearing. Clearing generally means you're not actively trying to kill the minions yourself and only getting them out of the way, most of the mainly dying to your minions.

alaskaneagle

01-24-2013

with the new jungle I could see him working with a good begining leash on the first two camps. I have tired jungling with ez a few times (not in games just in customs) just to see if he would work and it wasn't to bad.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-24-2013

No. he is not. he has no sustain, can't do close range combat trades with the melee jungle monsters with out dieing. he already has mana sustain on his blue card so he don't need blue buffs. he needs to itemize heavily for sustain if he is seeking that, but there is no point to do that. and early game his farming is not very high. he needs to be in a lane last hitting to make most use of what his kit has to offer. he is as durable as a wet napkin, and you need durability to jungle.

ConstantZero

01-24-2013

He can jungle due to his wild cards and red card and dosent really run out of man due to blue card and he has some decent cc abilites so yeah i think he could jungle. He would be like a jungle diana you can play both mid and jungle.

Drodeka

01-24-2013

I've jungled him a few times, and here is what I've noticed.

Once he has blue buff, he clears camps quickly. With his red Pick a Card and Wild Cards, he does decent AoE damage, and can use the passive from his E to focus down the larger camp creatures quickly. Without blue buff, you still won't be having mana problems, but you won't be able to use the red card nearly as often, effectively raising your camp clear times by more than double.

His CC is decent for ganking, but unless his team mates are winning lane or he is ganking from full health, the victims can easily turn on him and focus him down quickly.

Once his ult is up, his ganking capabilities are much greater. However, in mid or top lane, he could ult almost just a easily, and would almost definitely reach lvl 6 faster.

Twisted Fate is not a good jungler, due to his natural squishiness, dependency on blue for camp clears, and vulnerability while ganking.

I recommend playing him as an AP mid champion, with focuses on cooldown reduction and some spellswording. He will also need survivability, of course.