Amazing! 3 18.75%
Pretty good, could use some work. 4 25.00%
Not sure. 5 31.25%
Really needs work, pretty bad. 0 0%
Terrible idea, would be OP. 3 18.75%
Terrible idea, would be extremely weak. 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Concept] Friela, The Blizzard Wielder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostbite Snipes

01-24-2013

This is just a champion idea I've been thinking about for a while, just an idea. Feedback from riot would be amazing, even if it's just someone declining my idea, but feedback from the community is good too! I don't want credit or anything, but it would be nice to be able to play a champion like this.

Champion name : Friela

First of all, this champion has an overheat bar instead of a mana bar, like Rumble, and their abilities don't use mana. Just want to note that.

General Information

Range of auto attacks - 600.
Attack Damage - 51
Attack Damage per level - 3
Attack Speed - 0.625
Attack Speed per level - 1.75%
Movement Speed - 340
Magic Resist - 25
Armor - 20
Magic Resist per level - 0
Armor per level - 4
Health Regen - 3.5
Health Regen per level - 0.50
Base Health - 380
Health per level - 80

Passive - Frostbite : As Friela uses her abilities, her body temperature decreases to dangerous levels, dealing increasing damage to her self, but increasing the damage dealt by her abilities.

(Increases ability power ratios on all damaging abilities by 0.05 per ability use, up to 1.0.)

(Damage dealt to her self is 1%-5% of her maximum HP, minimum is 1% and it raises by 0.1% per spell use.)

(This makes 10 ability uses fill the bar half way, 20 ability uses fills it completely.)

The damage increase and self-damage increase is represented by a 'chill' meter, where a mana bar usually is, which decreases when abilities are not used for five seconds(by 0.5% damage/0.25% AP). Spellvamp effects are reduced by 50%. When the chill meter is above 50%, spellvamp effects are decreased by 75% on minions and 25% on champions. Abilities gain special effects when the chill meter is over half full.

Frost Spikes : Cooldown : 25/23/22//21/20 seconds after first cast. Range : 900. Radius of Effect : 200.(I'm sorry if this is too big or small, I can't find anything about AoE radius's)

Summons a small ice spike after one second. Champions hit by the ice spike are knocked up for 0.5 seconds and slowed by 5/8/11/13/15% for two seconds. Deals 60/70/80/90/100 damage (+.2 AP). Can be used up to 1/2/3(gaining at ability levels 1, 3 and 5) times in 5 seconds after first cast. 0.5 second delay between casts.

Snow Cloak : Cooldown : 30/28/27/26/25 seconds. Range : 450.

Teleports a short distance away, leaving an AoE slow on the spot Friela was at when the ability was used, equal to 10%, and granting the user a speed boost equal to 5/10/15/20/25% that decays over 2 seconds. Cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds on champion kill or assist.

Blizzard : Cooldown : 3 seconds. Range : 600. Radius of Effect : 400(I'm sorry if this is too big or small, I can't find anything about AoE radius's)

Passive : Using any ability grants .1 movement speed, resets if no abilities are used for 10 seconds.

Active Toggle: creates a slowing whirlwind that deals 50/70/90/110/130 (+0.5 AP) damage to enemies inside it every second. damage increases by 10% every second up to a max of 50%. every second it is active, overheat meter increases. Damage increase resets when toggled off, Permanently grants .1% movenemt speed on kill with this ability(minions, creeps or champions).

Shatterbeam(Ultimate) : Cooldown : 2.5/2/1.5 seconds. Range : 1500. Gains a stack every 20/15/10 seconds, max 5 stacks.

Fires a thin beam of sub-zero air in target direction after two seconds(half the width of Lux's ultimate) dealing 50/70/100 (+0.2 AP) damage and slowing all enemies hit by 2/3/4%, up to five times (10/15/20%), for three seconds.

Passive Bonuses

Ice Spikes - Slow % and time is doubled.

Snow Cloak - Speed boost is replaced with a 2 second stealth.

Blizzard - Damage is increased by 50%(effectively doubling the damage done when paired with the 50% from having it up for five seconds).

Shatterbeam - Deals bonus true damage equal to 3/4/5%(based on level) of enemies maximum health on hit.

Every one of this champions slows stack with each other, in the same way other slows and such stack. They are meant to focus around slowing others and speeding their self up, and damage over time. Doing very little at first, then slowing heavily and doing a good bit of damage in extended fights, and also dealing a bit of damage to their self even if the enemy can't get close enough to do much or any damage, to the point that you would have to stop to avoid dying from the self-inflicted damage. Their role would be more of DPS, and their auto attacks are ranged, she wields snow as a throwing weapon(line Annies fire Auto Attacks). Ice Spikes is an AoE like Cho'Gath's Q(but smaller), Snow Cloak is a free click Blink like Ezreal's E, Blizzard is a DPS AoE like Anivia's ult, and Shatterbeam is a skillshot like Lux's ult. All her abilities can hit minions and enemies, aside from her blink. Ice Spikes has about the delay time of Karthus' Q, Snow cloak is basically the same as Ezreals blink in terms of delay time and travel speed, Blizzard is an instant cast like Anivia's Ult(if there's delay on that, then apply that), Shatterbeam has a one second delay time and travels extremely quickly(A little more than the speed of Ezreal's Q, but longer ranged) and goes through all targets, dealing the same damage to every target hit. All abilities deal magic damage.

Lore

"One cannot truly live until they have stood at the cold doors of death." - Friela

Among the most dangerous places of Runeterra is the White Abyss. Located in Freljord, scattered with runes and cloaked in snowstorms, the White Abyss holds a mighty power. Many have tried, but only one has returned with the great power.

Friela originally thought of her self as a master of the sword, fearing nothing. Feeling that she could have no greater test of her skill, she challenged Ashe, the Frost Archer to a battle. Much to Frielas surprise, the winner of the fight was her opponent. Feeling that she was no longer a master of the sword, she made it her goal to defeat Ashe in battle by any means necessary. Battle after battle, the outcome was the same. After so many losses, Friela heard of a great power hidden in a place known as the White Abyss. Not fearing the name and only caring about the power it holds, she set out to acquire the power for her self. After hours of blindly wandering the terrain, she collapsed. As she looked forward, Friela noticed a light in front of her. Reaching out to the light, she felt a rush of power, and no longer felt affected by the cold. Standing, she saw the rune in front of her that was emitting the light, no longer glowing.

Tossing her now useless sword aside for her new superior powers, she set her sights on the League of Legends, where her rival, Ashe, awaits.

Emotes/Speech

Champion Select

"Impress me, summoner."

Jokes
"What do you call fifty penguins in the arctic? Lost! ....Get it? Because....penguins live in Antarctica....not the arctic...."
"Where can you find a place with no snow in Freljord? On a map! Because there's no snow....on a map...."

Taunts
"No mere weapon can defeat me!"
"Be careful not to slip while you're running away."

Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TVrNFFQaE < This.

Laugh
"Hmhmhmh" More of a giggle than a laugh.

On Movement

"Yes, summoner."
"I agree."

Ice Spike
On first cast only, not consecutive casts.
"Haaa!"
"Ha!"

Snow Cloak
*No speaking*

Blizzard
*No speaking*

Shatterbeam
*No speaking*

Basic Attack
"Okay."
"No mercy."
"Agreed."

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...yP-Iqaa8truWnG

This is a picture I found that's pretty close to what I imagine Friela looking like.

Frostbite Snipes

01-24-2013

Bump

Frostbite Snipes

01-26-2013

Bump. Commenting if you like it or not would be nice.... Or of there's anything I should edit.

Frostbite Snipes

01-26-2013

Bump....could someone comment? ;_;

Frostbite Snipes

01-26-2013

Bump....

Desendant

01-26-2013

interesting. obviously some tweaks here and there help. the whole chill meter thing is a little shaky in my opinion as well. i do like the idea, thought when i picture the champion i kinda get an icy katarina pic in my head, though i am not sure what kind of look you were thinking. keep it up, you never know when riot will scoop up an idea.

Frostbite Snipes

01-26-2013

Yay, a comment! Thank you for being the first comment by someone who isn't me!

Frostbite Snipes

01-27-2013

Morning bump.

Frostbite Snipes

01-29-2013

Bloop, bump.

Frostbite Snipes

02-02-2013

Bump