Mouse responsiveness off, doesn't feel write.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Musikk├╝nstler

01-25-2013

Macs do have a different mouse sensitivity and responsiveness to it. I learned this when I started playing Starcraft 2 and had such a hard time adjusting to the difference when clicking on things like drones. I found a free application that will override your mouse sensitivity and let you adjust it however you like it. This fixes the problem for me with the weird jitter when trying to click things. The only problem I've had is that sometimes in the middle of the game the client will do something weird and switch my mouse settings back to the mac version. Haven't figured out why, maybe I'm doing something to trigger it. Here is the link anyway if you want to give it a try. It won't affect your trackpad sensitivity, only your USB mouse.

http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html

Hope this helps!

CSPhobos

01-25-2013

OSX uses a lot of mouse accelleration. If you don't move the mouse much over time, it's very slow to move across the screen. However, if you move it fast, it will be fast. It's annoying when you want reflex precision.

This topic MIGHT fix the issue: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=361844
I have yet to test it myself as the issue isn't as apparent with my mouse.

Twink Princess

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viz View Post
If you're not at the lowest settings, please try running at the lowest settings and let me know if the mouse feels more responsive.
I have also had this problem, and after I lowered the settings it seemed to improve the mouse responsiveness. However, things still feel slightly strange sometimes.

Viz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate Software Engineer

01-25-2013
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusikkŘnstler View Post
Macs do have a different mouse sensitivity and responsiveness to it. I learned this when I started playing Starcraft 2 and had such a hard time adjusting to the difference when clicking on things like drones. I found a free application that will override your mouse sensitivity and let you adjust it however you like it. This fixes the problem for me with the weird jitter when trying to click things. The only problem I've had is that sometimes in the middle of the game the client will do something weird and switch my mouse settings back to the mac version. Haven't figured out why, maybe I'm doing something to trigger it. Here is the link anyway if you want to give it a try. It won't affect your trackpad sensitivity, only your USB mouse.

http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html

Hope this helps!
We actually handle the mouse specially ourselves. As such, it can ben impacted by the framerate, and it is unlikely that changing things like your system's mouse acceleration (or other features that interact at the system level) will accomplish what they usually do. Adjusting the mouse sensitivity in "More Options" in the game will adjust how it feels, though. We're working on tweaking what we do to make the mouse feel better.

Based on all of your feedback, we're also investigating an option to use the system's native mouse acceleration.

Keep providing us with feedback on how the mouse feels, and we'll do our best to help you get it just right.

scatologic

01-25-2013

I also have had this issue, when I play the regular version through boot camp or on my windows comp the mouse feels fine, when i go through Mac pbe client it feels unresponsive.

Also been having a problem with left clicking to activate skill shots. Don't know if that's related but its not my mouse as It works fine through boot camp and on my windows

risend

01-29-2013

I finally got time to test the PBE lol mac client. In regards to the mouse, iLOL feels fine, dual boot windows LOL feels fine. This PBE feels horrible and my FPS drops to 60, with spikes of 17fps-30fps thrown in there, even when nothing is really happening like when I am scrolling the map sometimes, not all the time, just kind of random.. I cant aim at all, skill shots are off, last hitting is off. I get 80-100fps usually on the iLOL client and Windows LOL client.... Using a iMac late 2009 model with 8gb ram. Definitely some client issues.

Soo much fail last game. T.T

Freakyweakywoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

A new mouse issue has sprung up for me. SAy I am moving left it will move left for 2-3 inches then right half an inch and then continue it's path left. It renders the game pretty much unplayable, and using the store is painful. It I tried moving the in game sensitivity around, but nothing. iLoL is working fine and Bootcamp windows LoL is running fine.

Framerates were steady around 40-60 the whole time and no other lag was present.

On a hunch I turned off V-Sync, the jitter has gone, I'm just left with the usual odd feeling mouse. But when I mouse wheel in menus they jitter quite a lot, fast scrolling down makes it go up and down in a jittery fashion.

bluesklus

01-29-2013

I think there's something different about the momentum, not necessarily wrong, just different. It's even present when moving the mouse around the launcher.

We Are As One

01-29-2013

The mouse issues are pretty well known, I think Udyr said they are trying to emulate the mouse feel on windows? WTH -- that makes no sense! Like yes us mac users can set our mouse settings just fine (in our Logitech, Razer, custom magic mouse app etc, even system defaults are more playable than w/e they are doing), we don't need the game to change them. Its like I use the Razer Synapse app to control my mouse settings and change them for different games, don't hose my settings please.

The mac client mouse is even more screwed up as of the recent update, as now if you drag the app window to your 2nd monitor the mouse cursor is trapped on your primary monitor O.o

It has nothing to do with frame rate, I am getting 60+ fps, the mouse cursor is very hard to control, its like different parts of the screen have different acceleration constants, for one I don't use acceleration. Please test the mac client in house with actual gaming mice, and please rush to have a setting to disable all the mouse hindering the app is doing.

Pretty much everything I said here, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=33847546 still applies yet I can no longer reapply my mouse settings and have them override the client, also now it screws up the mouse right from the beginning not just when you start a match.

nyquist zone

01-29-2013

I too noticed this "sluggish feel" to the mouse compared to iLol. I can say im using a Razor deathadder, which the software allows to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse, and to that effect, I programmed one of the buttons to be a macro to increase the sensitivity from 1200dpi to 3500 dpi in (5) stages. even with the cycling, i still felt the mouse somewhat sluggish. what i havent done is trying to adjust the sensitivity in game. ill try that and report on it as an edit to this comment.

EDIT: so i did test it out on a couple of games. changing the sensitivity on the mouse settings in game did help with the movement feel of the mouse, however there still seemed to be a slight sluggish feeling to any clicking