Why is there a Twitch in every single game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alberio Imma

10-21-2010

Oh yes, another favorite of mine is putting Wit's End on Twitch. His ult + mana drain equals RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE from the enemy team.

@Jumper One CC is all it takes to ruin Twitch. Snowballing with him is a horrible idea if they have any idea what the word "CC" means. Not to mention one Exhaust and Twitch literally becomes useless.

Faintblade

10-21-2010

Wards in the laning phase
Aggressive playstyle and zoning in the laning phase
map awareness.

He does pretty bad damage untill 7-9, so if you and your parter get a chance to rush him do so. Sure he can just stealth but twitch is incredibly squishy early game and the fade timer while being hit is 5 seconds, so do all you can.

Pureva

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Twitch does boatloads of physical damage and only spoonfuls of magic damage. So if you want to not get destroyed by Twitch, prioritize armor. If he's not the only DPS you'd like to counter, or if he's just that much of a threat, get Thornmail. Other good ideas are Randuin's Omen and Frozen Heart (the last one gives you mana and CDR, both of which Sona loves).

Twitch is a priority target in team fights. I'm sure you know this, but try applying it in the following way: save Sona's ultimate for when he uses his. A smart Twitch will wait a little while before popping his ultimate in a team fight. Be waiting for that moment, and respond by stunning the little bastage with your ultimate. Make sure that you've communicated ahead of time with your team to focus the rat when he shows up. Save crowd control spells for him.

Twitch relies primarily on his physical attack, meaning that blinds hurt him a LOT. It's a good idea to get Exhaust as a summoner spell if you're tired of facing him and want a break. Exhaust him in team fights, then use your ultimate as Exhaust is about to expire, and the rodent won't stand a chance if your team manages to throw a little focus fire his way.

Since you're a support hero who can be useful even when built somewhat tanky, and who has the mobility to evade many ganks, getting an oracle is a great idea. I always get an oracle for the team as Sona (assuming there's good cause, i.e. a stealth champion, Teemo, or lots of wards), and most of the time I manage to keep it for quite a while. If you're playing in normal queue, lots of Twitches won't actually check for the oracle buff or notice the pink glow around your feet, so you may actually even get a kill on an unsuspecting Twitch just because you can see him when he thinks you can't.

Lastly, as you mentioned, Twitch gets godly lategame. Do your best to keep him from getting to a powerful lategame. I know that piece of advice is given all the time, and I know that in solo queue you can't really shut him down all by your lonesome, but it's something to keep in mind: when facing a hard carry, try to keep them from getting farmed at least long enough to secure significant advantages for your team.

Hansenight

10-21-2010

twitch suddenly became fotm even tho hes always been played by top tier players. i was listening to the 25minstosurrender podcast earlier today and faro was talking about how 90% of the top players got their by carrying with twitch

Euant

10-21-2010

People who buy oracles die. It's a shame really...but I like it.

Papa Plat Smurf

10-21-2010

99 Problems but a twitch ain't one.

ReadInPeace

10-21-2010

There's one because he can usually farm easily and unharmed, can BD well, and with some CC on his team is insane versus a team with no more than 2 tanky champs.

As for Sona vs. Rat, you have an AoE, fast firing diasable... use it when he pops out, ping him and enjoy him dying in seconds to focus fire.

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

since the all champions free weekend i have been seeing him so much.

Jerrys Kid

10-22-2010

Playing against Twitch sucks.... At my level (19) its near impossible to get a team to buy wards/oracle. I just cant understand why people wont buy the things that will allow them to counter the thats roflstomping them.

Competence

10-22-2010

Give him enough time just like Tryndamere and he'll roll so hard it's just so demoralizing.

But his usefulness is negligible until level 8 or so, where a primary physical item hopefully gets onto Twitch by then, that's when he starts to be quite the threat.

But of course, bad twitches = fun for the whole family