Heimerdinger needs help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abdial

01-24-2013

First, a bit of background. I have been playing for a couple years now, and Heimerdinger was one of the first champions that I really enjoyed. A brilliant yordle scientist fighting you with all his crazy inventions is such a cool character concept. I hadn't played Heimerdinger for a while, and picked him up for a game last night as a player with now over two years experience in the game.

I have to say, the position that Heimer is in right now is an embarrassment.

He has very little "fun" to his kit. Most of his abilities are very non-interactive. Turrets? Can't control who they fire at. Missiles? Can't (usually) control who they fire at. Grenade? Can't land the damn thing to save your life (literally). Ultimate? Just enhances (poorly) the aforementioned turrets you can't control. The only part of his kit that is really cool is his passive, and even that isn't really interactive. To successfully duel another champ, you have to rely on them being idiotic and fighting you in your turret range (which is quite low btw). Otherwise, you have to fight them on their terms, and need to outplay the **** out of them to even have a chance.

Now I know that there have been lots of "Heimerdinger is bad champion design and is in a bad spot right now" threads, but for a game that is this polished and successful to leave a champion in such a non-viable state is disgraceful. You publish new champions all the time. You spend lots of time balancing the game. You rework many champions that are in a much better spot than our revered inventor. You have even said that Heimer is in line for a rework for quite some time now. When will it be his turn?

I know champion reworks aren't that lucrative. You aren't going to sell lots of RP after fixing him. But he is eating up some valuable design and "flavor" space; crazy yordle inventor is some cool IP. Heck, if you wanted to release a new 6300 IP champ and call him Dingerheim, I wouldn't complain. But something needs to be done. Is something being done? Riot? Please?

TLDR; Heimer is bad. Fix it.

Abdial

01-24-2013

@Xypherous @Meddler @Morello @Phreak @RicklessAbandon @Whoever else cares about champ design

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Supporting another buff heimer thread, even if we'll have colonies on Mars before Riot gets to the rework.

Prolapse

01-24-2013

sort him out, i hope he gets his rework this year

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

/singed

Srsly, been feeling like a broken record, glad that others are really starting to pitch in.

sleepisdeath

01-24-2013

u said it brother! i will bump every thread about heimer i see until he gets looked at!

Deleven

01-24-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1694858

bump this one aswell then ^^

Abdial

01-24-2013

Bump for great science!

sleepisdeath

01-25-2013

hi there
i made this thread to gather all heimer players for the sake of our beloved inventor.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3042773

Kaza Toast

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdial View Post
Bump for great science!
here here! also the new thread made, let us all go there and do SCIENCE.

if for no one else but for our yellow friend with an afro.