Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Breaking Pantheon's shield but causing no damage doesn't count for a kill/assist?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lost Visage

Senior Member

10-21-2010

Title says it all, I broke Pantheon's shield as Blitzkrank when he tower dove, wasn't able to get a second shot in before he left. He died on the way out, and I got no credit for it. Not QQ'ing, just a bug I noticed, unless it's working as intended.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0PYfclzjrm0E6nRT

Recruiter

10-21-2010

It is not working as intended I think.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pugnacious

Senior Member

10-22-2010

He blocked your shot. You didn't hit him. You didn't deal damage. Seems obvious to me why you don't get an assist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lost Visage

Senior Member

10-22-2010

Quote:
pugnacious:
He blocked your shot. You didn't hit him. You didn't deal damage. Seems obvious to me why you don't get an assist.


Except he would of survived had I not broken his shield.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KirbyHero

Recruiter

10-22-2010

It's hard for Riot to pick up things like this when there are soooo many huge bugs in the game. I mean it's pretty obvious how they could overlook this.

Btw, you should change the thread title. There's no way breaking Pantheon's shield cheated you out of a kill, you can't get the last damage in with an action that doesn't deal damage haha...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EquisScry

Senior Member

10-22-2010

Quote:
KirbyHero:
It's hard for Riot to pick up things like this when there are soooo many huge bugs in the game. I mean it's pretty obvious how they could overlook this.

Btw, you should change the thread title. There's no way breaking Pantheon's shield cheated you out of a kill, you can't get the last damage in with an action that doesn't deal damage haha...


Um...Pantheon with shield up and 100 hp goes into tower range. Blitz removes shield with auto attack, turret hits pantheon. "An enemy has been slain by a turret."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khalahn

Senior Member

10-22-2010

To get assist credit, you must damage or debuff an opponent. Since you did neither, no assist credit for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yourthevoiceyo

Senior Member

10-22-2010

Quote:
Khalahn:
To get assist credit, you must damage or debuff an opponent. Since you did neither, no assist credit for you.

you removed his shield buff

see; debuffed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoenix

Senior Member

10-22-2010

All have solid points.
Remember it for future occasions;

Hit him twice or use ignite.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pugnacious

Senior Member

10-22-2010

It's not a debuff.

The issue here is the way assists are dealt with. If you play a support champ like Soraka and heal a teammate who then kills someone, you don't get an assist either, AFAIK.


12