Champion Mods?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A6yearoldgamer

01-23-2013

Hi I was curious as to the modding of champions I've seen on various streamers, streams. I'll just list the questions

1. What does riot think of it?
2. Is it easy or does it take a long amount of time and very advanced computer skills?
3. I'm good at photoshop and not too bad at 3D modelling is there a way I could do the visuals and someone else could do the computing side and then I just get a folder type thing which I can just replace with old character folder?
4. well there is no four so thanks for checking this out

P.S. if you have time please tell me what you think of my current twitch display picture not sure if it looks any good
http://www.twitch.tv/a_6_year_old

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

are you talking about custom skins? Riot doesn't care.

A6yearoldgamer

01-23-2013

Yeah custom skins

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

My old roommate used to make custom items for DotA 2, and I'd see him working on the same thing for a week or more, multiple hours a day. There are multiple things you can do:

Recolors - all you do is change the color mapping, shortest and easiest to do.
Remodels - You recolor and tweak the base model of a champion. This requires 3D Editing so it takes a bit longer.
New Particles - Not too sure on these but you can go anywhere from recoloring the particles to completely replacing them. I don't know what you use for particles.
New Animations, Models, and Particles - this will take you a lot longer and requires knowledge of everything about 3D Animation, from rigging to modeling to animations. I don't know a lot about this one, though. One of these kinds of skins I've seen was the Yoshi kogmaw re-model. Kog'maw was literally replaced by a Yoshi. Another one had Annie as Amy and Tibbers as Big the Cat

Overall, depending on your skill, you can do quite a bit of these. You need an editing program and something to read the LoL files. There are probably tutorials on Youtube, but they might be outdated since things change with every patch. You'll probably want to look for one after the pre-season 3 changes.

I'm just going on what I've seen my roommate do, and my brief schooling on 3DS Max (didn't last the semester due to other reasons)

A6yearoldgamer

01-23-2013

Cool thanks heaps for the reply I've done some more research now and I just want to do a recolour and remodel so any info anyone else can supply would be helpful programs etc etc and thanks for the help so far.

A6yearoldgamer

01-23-2013

this made everything easy getting started now
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...?t=5966&page=2