Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh is getting complained about and failing hard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-25-2013

Quote:
Peligrad:
MF, and Urgot both work really really well with Thresh.

There are 2 reasons.

First, both are incredible lane bullies.

You add in some extra poke from thresh and some of threshes' "You just stand here and let us punch you."

And you get a very fed bottom lane...

The second reason is thresh's lantern provides MF and Urgot with the one thing they lack....

Escape.

In a team fight, MF or Urgot can tee up on the enemy team, and when they rush the ADC, thresh tosses that lantern and suddenly Urgot or Mf are super Ez flying across the team fight formation to a second safe firing position. Couple that with Thresh's AoE disable, and thresh can grant MF or Urgot a frustrating amount of peels.

Imagine this scenario.

Urgot ults the enemy ADC, forcing both out of position. Ordinarily, both ADCs get exploded if this happens.

But thresh tosses that lantern. Their ADC gets exploded but Urgot goes supermanning across a nearby wall and set ups shop, pound away at the enemy team.

What other support can make that happen? None.

Another scenario.

The enemy team does a great job of giving ward coverage and knows right where MF is setup. They initiate a team fight and their assassin rushes in to take out MF's bullet time.

He jumps on her, and she goes flying across the team fight to thresh. The assassin's cds are spent, and she's in position for bullet time....guess what happens next?

On the otherhand this also requires that thresh the tank be somewhere safe while said less tanky champion be somewhere potentially unsafe. Can you grab the lantern while CC'd? If you can do that then cereal will be impress but if the assassin is on top of the carry they probably shouldn't get a chance to grab the lantern unless thats how it works :/

cuz assassins tend to have pretty hard disables

Peligrad

01-25-2013

I believe you can always click on the lantern just as long as you are in range and it will work.

Also remember that the lantern gives a shield. That makes someone even harder to assassinate.

No 0 CS support is a true "tank". Yes Taric, Leona. and Ali can take a beating.

But nothing like a Olaf, Shen, Mundo, or Garen who are solos with CS.

So even while Thresh is decently tanky, he shouldn't be right in the middle of the fray. Also, he should be building mobility, such as Reverie, and running flash with distortion boots so he can fix his carry's positioning.

Thresh is a completely different play style than any other champion in the game. You can't simply slap a label on him and say "other champs with this descriptor play like this, he should too."

Not gonna work.

The best way to build and play thresh in team fights is to get into the fray at the start, land your ult and E, try to hook their carry ect.

But if either of your carries get in trouble. Immediately disengage with flash, reverie and everything else you've got.

Get to a safe place and toss the carry the shield. Then go back in to the fight.

You don't have escapes, you give your carry extra ones. Keep that mentality and you'll do well with Thresh.

I Am Legend 559

01-25-2013

I'm close to refunding this champion, picking him up possibly at a later date if changes are made. The missile speed on his Q is the slowest and most pathetic I've seen, it is also a rather Thin missle, these both combined makes his Q easily dodgeable , it's with is less than Lee sins Q, Leona's E, Nocturnes, Q, Blizt. Janna, Cait, Ahri, I can go on but it all boils down to the thing is incredibly slow and thin and it's laughable to dodge just take a step or two away from your current position when you see it coming and profit.

The damage of his Q is quite low, There is no indicator for when it will do max damage, it is AD and AP based and still I've never seen it do any noticeable damage despite is High scaling its pathetic for harass.

His W should be changed to shield anyone caught in the effect rather than the center. As a support/tank his W make you have to be away from team fights for it to be useful as some have stated earlier, for maximum effect you must drop is at or close to your feet for there to be benefit, people don't really use the lantern but that's people based ive tossed it out and I swear ive only had one person click on it.

E has a short range and is not really effective, it has an incredibly high skill cap, to have your mouse pointed exactly the opposite of your opponent for him to be pulled towards you. in twitch action gameplay scenarios most of the time I myself put my mouse cursor in a position behind me which 99% of the time it is ineffective.

His ult seems to lack damage relating to the tool tip, I've noticed the damage being lower than amumus with roughly the same AP and it has .2 more of a modifier and 100-200 more base damage. Also the range is tiny you have to have enemies stacked on top of you to catch any, Q has to land Re Q then immediately follow with an ult which I believe has a latency because I've been denied the ability to do just that on many occasions. He has Amumu's Kit roughly, just damage output is horrendous.

I'm close to refunding in fact I am going to refund him before the time expires for his purchase if no changes are made.

Technician Tim

01-25-2013

Quote:
CerealBoxOfDoom:
Just like I predicted he would. I predict he will get the leona treatment and get pinned down as support and awkward jungle (maybe).

Some people will brag about his endgame in his defense I think, he will be treated like nasus discussion-wise

i cant get a single ****ing win, its really frustrating, i think a lot of people dont know about the lantern save of his, played a game vs a blitz, fiora kept getting grabbed, every fight id toss the lantern right on blitz, as soon as he grabbed her, all she had to do was click it, but nope, she tried to 1v5...i feel like hes nami all over again
amazing potential through CC alone, meaning you can build anything you want, but required a high level of teamwork to use, meaning youre completely useless in solo queue hell..but im going to keep using him until i get a legendary streak in a game, or have a perfect support score, just not playing any ranked till it happens,

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-25-2013

Quote:
kingcharles07:
i cant get a single ****ing win, its really frustrating, i think a lot of people dont know about the lantern save of his, played a game vs a blitz, fiora kept getting grabbed, every fight id toss the lantern right on blitz, as soon as he grabbed her, all she had to do was click it, but nope, she tried to 1v5...i feel like hes nami all over again
amazing potential through CC alone, meaning you can build anything you want, but required a high level of teamwork to use, meaning youre completely useless in solo queue hell..but im going to keep using him until i get a legendary streak in a game, or have a perfect support score, just not playing any ranked till it happens,

I call this leona syndrome

people dont seem to understand just how stronk their position is when leona has complete control over just the right areas of brush. So they push lane and chase people past where leona can be immediately effective, they also have no idea what it means when leona pings the person under a tower and inches closer lol

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-25-2013

Quote:
I Am Legend 559:
I'm close to refunding this champion, picking him up possibly at a later date if changes are made. The missile speed on his Q is the slowest and most pathetic I've seen, it is also a rather Thin missle, these both combined makes his Q easily dodgeable , it's with is less than Lee sins Q, Leona's E, Nocturnes, Q, Blizt. Janna, Cait, Ahri, I can go on but it all boils down to the thing is incredibly slow and thin and it's laughable to dodge just take a step or two away from your current position when you see it coming and profit.

The damage of his Q is quite low, There is no indicator for when it will do max damage, it is AD and AP based and still I've never seen it do any noticeable damage despite is High scaling its pathetic for harass.

His W should be changed to shield anyone caught in the effect rather than the center. As a support/tank his W make you have to be away from team fights for it to be useful as some have stated earlier, for maximum effect you must drop is at or close to your feet for there to be benefit, people don't really use the lantern but that's people based ive tossed it out and I swear ive only had one person click on it.

E has a short range and is not really effective, it has an incredibly high skill cap, to have your mouse pointed exactly the opposite of your opponent for him to be pulled towards you. in twitch action gameplay scenarios most of the time I myself put my mouse cursor in a position behind me which 99% of the time it is ineffective.

His ult seems to lack damage relating to the tool tip, I've noticed the damage being lower than amumus with roughly the same AP and it has .2 more of a modifier and 100-200 more base damage. Also the range is tiny you have to have enemies stacked on top of you to catch any, Q has to land Re Q then immediately follow with an ult which I believe has a latency because I've been denied the ability to do just that on many occasions. He has Amumu's Kit roughly, just damage output is horrendous.

I'm close to refunding in fact I am going to refund him before the time expires for his purchase if no changes are made.

amumu has built in MR shred though.

Anachronity

01-25-2013

I think Thresh is very underpowered other than his lantern. I could really see that lantern getting out of hand in high-level play though.

The problem with Thresh isn't just that you have to be good with him, but your teammates also need to know how to make best use of your lantern tosses.

MFKrazed

01-25-2013

I've been having great success with Thresh as a mid and bot support.

I think that if anything he may be toned down a bit, but I do see him becoming one of the iconic LoL champs.

ThaT FaTKiD

01-25-2013

i play thresh and i dont think hes op or up... but... what i do think is that the casting delay between his abilities needs to be fixed...he cant effectively lock up key targets... ie adc's or other disruptive champs to fulfill his role ad a tank/supp.. ive been playing him and it seems that when i e then q to the target up or vice versa his q has a 1 - 1.5 sec delay depending if hes facing the way u cast or not...the lantern i understand and am in full support of its cast time because of its utility... i have sent so many rammys mumus and leonas to the fight with the lantern that the fight was over before it started cause no one wants to kill the support so i can go where i want...right to the carries...but still long story short... i think he needs the cast times on q and e reduce a tad to make his flow of disruption more fluid because his cooldowns are ridiculously long for the long cast times they have... aside from that im happy with thresh and hes performing well for me in bot lane and teamfights locking up key targets.. aside from the skill shot i should of hit but the cast time was entirely too long and they moved out of the direction before the effect ever came on screen...

Peligrad

01-25-2013

His Q active is the only complaint I have about him.

It has a big cast delay, has a slow projectile speed, has a **** AP ratio, has a **** base damage, self suppresses, and has a long CD.

If you compare the ability to Amumu's bandage toss, Amumu's ability is better in all catagories and does a similar thing to thresh's q.

Now given, Thresh's has a passive, and he has options that Amumu's doesn't. So I'm not saying that Thresh should be buffed in all the ways I mentioned.

But I will say that Thresh's Q is JUST as important to land as Amumu's Q for the sake of his kit working. But it's three times as hard (at least) to land, half as rewarding, and twice as punishing if you don't land it.