Thresh First Impressions and Discussion

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterOfTheOrder

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Mischief View Post
I'm sorry, but you're so wrong

No, I'm not. His two most interesting abilities are not good enough. I'll play blitz and actually control the way combat goes until Thresh is fixed. Or Nautilus.

His W is obviously interesting and useful, but doesn't do anything to any enemy. That's cool and all, but it's his only great ability as well. One that doesn't hurt or buff, just helps escape.

My game MAY be glitched, but his E doesn't slow for me. I'm pretty sure it should.

You can defend him all you want man, and yes, his Q may help SOMETIMES, but that isn't enough to make him playable. People will play Nautilus, or Blitz instead.

PLEASE understand what I'm saying is bad about him. Not his whole character. JUST his Q and E. Which is enough to make him not worth playing. He doesn't do much damage, so his abilities NEED to be effective enough to counter that.

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Mischief View Post

His utility is deady when used with the team. He is so disruptive its unreal, his ratios NEED to be lower because of his kit. Im playing him in ranked already, and he dominates the lane phase.

You just arent playing him as intended play some more games. Tanky is the best option. Feed your team, and then come back when you have an opinion based off of experience with the champion. Obviously, the same can be said of me. But so far, all ive had from the enemy teams is hard QQ
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2...7#ranked-stats

934 Elo with 1 game on Thresh. You make me lawl

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheOrder View Post
I kind of want to know why people post on their smurfs.

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPrecision View Post
Thresh from what it seems is specifically meant for teams with voice communication. Then thresh can do his job and do it well.
Couldn't agree with you more. I am sure we will see some incredibile Thresh plays in tournament play throughout the season, but in solo q, he is trash. A few good plays here and there if executed perfectly don't make a good champion.

Purple Mischief

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2...7#ranked-stats

934 Elo with 1 game on Thresh. You make me lawl
Your funny

Oughtbe

01-23-2013

Only played the one game as him so far, and I did spectacularly... awful. Still, ended up winning the game and he tops out much better than expected.

My one issue was his E, and largely it had to do with range either of the actual ability or the amount it knocks back. As it stands right now, it doesn't particularly seem very good at keeping enemies engaged, as it has such a short range that they can easily escape it. On the other hand the knockback so short that if you try to use as an escape/remove the harass it pretty much is useless. So I'm not particularly seeing how it really does anything you want it to do.

Most everything else is mostly fine. My only other gripe is minions blowing up the box, which screwed me up on a couple ocassions during the game.

Really, he's a finicky champion that doesn't seem that bad at all, even considering how horrific I did.
Edit: He reminds me a lot of Hecarim on release. Hec was quite underwhelming on release, and really couldn't hold his own in any of his intended roles, and couple that with a rather finicky design he just was terribly underwhelming. A few buffs here and there, and now he's pretty decent overall. So yep.

Zake Scythe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I dont know what you are all doing wrong, but i have had the best results when ive been playing thresh. granted i also tested him quite a bit in pbe. As a support main, i find his ability to harass and deal damage so over whelming that hes rather op. granted all the games i have been playing have bee with an adc that i have on skype. but we destroyed the bot lanes even with a sivir who shielded quite a few of my chains.

Crimson5pheonix

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
I kind of want to know why people post on their smurfs.
So you can't pull up their stats and shame them with that fact that they really just don't know what they're talking about.

Or maybe some people post at level 23 :\

Anyway, I'm currently watching Xpecial WRECK a team with Thresh. Good times

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post
So you can't pull up their stats and shame them with that fact that they really just don't know what they're talking about.

No wait nevermind, I pulled up MasterOfOrder instead of MasterOfTheOrder.

Why the **** would you build Thornmails on Thresh?!

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post

Lol watching the same game and watched the last 3. I wouldnt say he is wrecking, but certainly better than the last 2 lol.

1234567 ... 8