Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Is Thresh worth buying?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominous

Senior Member

01-23-2013

In your people's opinions, is he?

I thought about buying him & the bundle so I can have an octopus on my head.

Oh, and I don't have gp5 runes so that may be a problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Zed Ever

Member

01-23-2013

That really depends on how you feel about Thresh.

Do you like his design?
Do you like his quotes?
Do you like his abilities/play-style?
Do you like the character in general?

Sure, a lot of people in the League focus entirely on a champion's kit instead of the champion as a whole. If a character is bland and boring, why play them? Oh, because they have a killer moveset? Please. I still play King Dedede on Brawl, because I like being a self-entitled penguin with a hammer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

amadian1

Recruiter

01-23-2013

i say no, he feels really bad, q is lackluster, and ult doesnt fit how squishy he is, one of the worst champs in a while in my opinion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerasDominicus

Senior Member

01-23-2013

The enemy support picked thresh . I picked alistar.

Let's just say that I helped my Vayne snowball alot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dante Brimscone

Senior Member

01-23-2013

OddOne just said his health stats are "too good" and "absurd."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valiant Corvus

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Too early to call, really.

It's kinda hard to predict where he's gonna fit best.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inv1cted

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Cyriacos:
The enemy support picked thresh . I picked alistar.

Let's just say that I helped my Vayne snowball alot.

Because clearly Thresh is designed to counter alister who wants to be near you, not squishy poke supports like sona lulu or nami who want to stay far away.
I forgot counter picking clearly means a champion is weak.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominous

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Inv1cted:
Because clearly Thresh is designed to counter alister who wants to be near you, not squishy poke supports like sona lulu or nami who want to stay far away.
I forgot counter picking clearly means a champion is weak.

lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerasDominicus

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Inv1cted:
Because clearly Thresh is designed to counter alister who wants to be near you, not squishy poke supports like sona lulu or nami who want to stay far away.
I forgot counter picking clearly means a champion is weak.


But it's so easy to avoid thresh's hook . Did I mention it does not pull through walls like blitzcrank?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Cyriacos:
But it's so easy to avoid thresh's hook . Did I mention it does not pull through walls like blitzcrank?


his hook doesn't pull through walls, but in those cases YOU can pull yourself through. or if you don't want to, you can still provide a pretty decent duration stun with the double tug.

it's different, and still pretty good.

getting used to his lash knockback/pull thing is the hard part for me. so counter intuitive to use.

thresh is probably OP as hell to anyone who can play him properly


12