League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoSim

02-27-2013

Why is "Wine" involved? I thought this was a bottom up build? Do I not understand the tech behind it?

The Real Tipop

02-27-2013

I wasn't able to read the entire thread (I gave up and skipped ahead after the first 17 pages!) Has anyone mentioned using Paralells to run the regular game on a Mac? That's what I've been doing for the last month and it runs flawlessly (60+ FPS, full options) with no rebooting required. My load times are better than 95% of the people I play with.

While I suppose it's nice that there is an official native Mac client now, I don't really understand the excitement when Paralells does the job so well already.

PsychoSim

02-27-2013

Hassle.
Plus, Riot wants to show Mac users that they care. Huge market potential. Good investment for furture releases.
Parallels is a quick solution... but it's not a solution built on a solid foundation.

Longsta

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAnonymous View Post
Can't Signup damn is it down??
I just finished downloading it on ma mac ;(

Krixsiss

02-27-2013

So I only hear rumors, does anyone actually know when the sign up's for PBE open again?

TurdTaster

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krixsiss View Post
So I only hear rumors, does anyone actually know when the sign up's for PBE open again?
No asked through the support page and they just said they're closed until further notice. No time frame or anything.

Betagrumm

02-27-2013

This. This is what I've been waiting for. Hoping for. I don't use mac, but this shows development progress. This shows that a linux client is not a hopeless dream.
If I could get my hands on a mac I would beta test just to progress the dev.
Thanks Riot.

nJin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

How would one of my friends who has a mac beta test the client because she really wants to play, plus it would provide another mac to test it on!

TurdTaster

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nJin View Post
How would one of my friends who has a mac beta test the client because she really wants to play, plus it would provide another mac to test it on!
They are not taking sign-ups for the Beta test right now. Hopefully the mac client will be released in the near future.

Geminid

02-27-2013

I agree with infinity. I am running iLOL on a 5 years old generation macbook after having to upgrade it to snow leopard to play... lets just say it is not pretty. And this is me playing for the first time too. I almost quit because of the frustration, but the game is addicting. I started in December 2012.