Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImagineCustoms

01-27-2013

i have mac osx 10.5.8 and it doesn't work for me

PGFL Syndicate

01-27-2013

The sign ups are closed i really want to make an account though :/

RoninHound

01-27-2013

Quote:
Udyr:
Greetings Summoners,

I’m pleased to report that the long-awaited (fabled? mythical?) League of Legends Mac client is almost ready, and it’s heading into open beta soon™.

And by soon™, I mean that it’s available right now on the Public Beta Environment. Open beta, which will allow anyone to access the live servers on Macs, will follow after we’re confident in the results from the PBE test.

To make this happen, we’ve been hard at work: Riot engineers re-wrote a lot of the underlying game engine so that both PC and Mac platforms share the same code base and assets. This means it's a native Mac client, and Mac players will receive all future features, bug fixes, and new content at the same time as PC users.

While we aren't quite ready for a full open beta launch, we wanted to share the Mac client with PBE players to help us find bugs and give feedback.

Download the Mac PBE client here (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/PBE/LoLPBEInstaller2.pkg), patch up, and log in to help us make the Mac League of Legends experience as awesome as possible!

Thanks to the Mac community for your extraordinary patience – and a very special thanks to a particularly astounding group of folks who helped many of you play League via an unofficial client over the past months.

Best,

Steve "Udyr" Mieczkowski

P.S. Huge thanks to the Cross Platform team for their hard work!

Viz
Rioting
ShadowofGank
RiotBrentmeister
EspritDanseur
RiotYakaru

I was playing on the PBE last night, but today it says my password/username combination is incorrect. To double check i had emails sent to me and changed my password, restarted my computer, and still neither my old or new password are working. Caps isn't on, something is wrong. Please help or let me know who I can call.

RoninHound

01-27-2013

Quote:
RoninHound:
I was playing on the PBE last night, but today it says my password/username combination is incorrect. To double check i had emails sent to me and changed my password, restarted my computer, and still neither my old or new password are working. Caps isn't on, something is wrong. Please help or let me know who I can call.

Im able to log on with iLOL but not the PBE now.

BlinxHD

01-27-2013

i have tried the client, and i cannot log in. It says invalid user/pass everytime. also when i try to open up League again after i close it, it wont open. Bugs?

K1tteh

01-27-2013

On the wiki I remember reading about a skin teased called "iBlitzcrank" is this possibly a skin for mac testers only ?

iykwtmtcty

01-27-2013

MAC dont deserve to play league

Sparticus

01-27-2013

YES!!!! I have been waiting for this day for so long

Ogre Diet

Recruiter

01-27-2013

Quote:
RoninHound:

Yes my friend and I (on two different macs) are having this exact same problem. Downloaded the mac version, but no matter what we are told our username/password combo is incorrect ( and it is definitely typed right). Hopefully this gets patched up soon so I can get my friend in on this awesome game!

Go Riot for helping mac ppl!

ybongrays

01-27-2013

australian servers where?