Modest 1300 looking for help :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wick3dD3vil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I dropped from 1450 ELO to 1300.

It's happened because of myself and the other players. I may not be the best carry and I tend to fill in whatever roles are needed.

I look at others who are able to climb from 1450 to 1550+
Anyone who's been able to get out - can you guys give me some tips and advice?

I'm looking to become a better player and I'd like to get Gold before the season ends.

Thanks in advance!

Ornan

09-27-2012

Don't get discouraged, find a champion and role you can make a difference with and stick to them. Keep a positive but sensible attitude, and dodge if you get a bad feeling about your team or the picks.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2456561

See that link. I can help you on a deeper level than is really possible on this forum.

I won't be home till about 7 pm central though

kenoin

09-27-2012

Everyone refers to that area as ELO hell when in reality it's just how everyone acts as a team, when playing ranked stay positive always; even if someone messes up really bad the last thing that you want to do is give them a reason to give up or even leave the game. I mean not everyone has a long streak of wins... some things just happen for the worse or better maybe this is good? gives you another chance.

ExecutionerK

09-27-2012

Contact Cardboardowl or Me, probably your best bet on this section of the forum

Wick3dD3vil

09-27-2012

Thanks for the help-in-advance.
Or the thought of trying. xD

Valrcrist

09-27-2012

In my experience the single biggest factor that will help you gain elo is not actually how well you play the game; it's how well you UNDERSTAND the game. I don't even mean things like knowing lane counters or champion abilities or build paths. I mean an overall game sense.

In spectating friends' games and watching streams of 1300-1450 ranked people, the single biggest thing that I've noticed is how no one really seems to know what to do once the laning phase ends. It's actually REALLY easy to throw games of LOL, despite how snowbally it is. Taking a leadership role and directing your team's overall strategy can make a big difference. When a team has no one making calls, people tend to focus on what they, personally, need on their champion, and everyone wanders off and does their own thing. This leads to problems like one guy farming bot lane while the other team forces baron, or people facechecking bushes and getting caught, which lets the other team force a 4v5 situation.Even basic things like making sure that the entire team sticks together can make a huge difference.

Obviously there will be games that you STILL can't win just because the other team gets such a huge advantage in laning phase, but you'd be surprised at the sorts of comebacks you can pull off at lower elos if you just keep your team organized.

Wick3dD3vil

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrcrist View Post
In my experience the single biggest factor that will help you gain elo is not actually how well you play the game; it's how well you UNDERSTAND the game. I don't even mean things like knowing lane counters or champion abilities or build paths. I mean an overall game sense.

In spectating friends' games and watching streams of 1300-1450 ranked people, the single biggest thing that I've noticed is how no one really seems to know what to do once the laning phase ends. It's actually REALLY easy to throw games of LOL, despite how snowbally it is. Taking a leadership role and directing your team's overall strategy can make a big difference. When a team has no one making calls, people tend to focus on what they, personally, need on their champion, and everyone wanders off and does their own thing. This leads to problems like one guy farming bot lane while the other team forces baron, or people facechecking bushes and getting caught, which lets the other team force a 4v5 situation.Even basic things like making sure that the entire team sticks together can make a huge difference.

Obviously there will be games that you STILL can't win just because the other team gets such a huge advantage in laning phase, but you'd be surprised at the sorts of comebacks you can pull off at lower elos if you just keep your team organized.
I know what you mean, but honestly, I've tried all that - and I feel like I've got a fairly good grasp on the game - it's just how do you lead people who do not want to be led?
ex. I'm a support - most people don't put "power" in a support.

Valrcrist

09-27-2012

Quote:
I know what you mean, but honestly, I've tried all that - and I feel like I've got a fairly good grasp on the game - it's just how do you lead people who do not want to be led?
ex. I'm a support - most people don't put "power" in a support.
Support is actually my most played role by far in ranked. The thing is, if no one else is stepping forward, MOST people are willing to be led. Obviously this doesn't hold true for everyone, but as long as you're polite and make good suggestions, most people will listen, regardless of the role you're playing.

Owl Be Back

09-27-2012

I'm on the game now. if you haven't already been helped, join my chat room 'cardboardowl'