[GUIDE] Teemo, the Unrepentant Assassin (Primary Carry Build)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemonator

10-21-2010

Hello, after the recent patch I found that Teemo has become quite useful yet again. Combining a few items Like The Black Cleaver & the new Malady, Teemo can become quite deadly. I find his new trap system to be absolutely amazing, and with the right items/runes/spells/abilities he in fact can be a primary carry. See below for an actual build/guide. Please feel free to comment, make suggestions, and or critique =)

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/teemo-my-unrepentant-assassin-detailed-guide-26247

PsychopathicBear

10-21-2010

The only thing wrong with this guide is that TEEMO IS NOT A CARRY. He is not supposed to be a ranged dps, he's supposed to be support. his shrooms are meant to provide easy escapes/chases, his blind is for their carry, and he ultimately just picks on the squishies.

He does do plenty of damage, no doubt about it, but that should not be his primary role. if you really want a dps, go with ashe, kog, MF, trist... someone who's meant to be a carry.

Radamanthys3

10-21-2010

Teemo can't carry, focusing your build on DPS does not automatically means you'll become a carry.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

10-21-2010

Teemo can carry.
So can AD anivia.

5HATCOMBO

10-22-2010

Have you guys played with teemo post-patch or are you just spewing posts because I've played in 5 man normal games with 1900 ranked players where the teemo on our side just completely dominated in a 1v2 lane. He's also the best anti-carry 1v1 against a ranged dps. In a 2vx lane he's pretty useless though.

MovieScene

10-22-2010

What sort of runes do you run, armor pen?

Teemonator

10-22-2010

Alrighty then, guide back up, had to revamp a few things, but it looks good now. Enjoy! =)

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

Very decent guide its the flip side of my high output Ap/AS build, few problems.
1) No cooldown reduction at all (I use nashor's)
2) 0 mp5 regen from runes or anything

(I love mushrooms, I control the map the way i play so I'm jaded)
The ap. From blue would increase your output imo if it was cooldown or atleast mp5
A few alternative items to consider manamune possibly over madred's though I. Say this with doubt it MAY be better may not be. Nashors for As/Mp5/cooldown

I am using Nashor's, ryjials, rod of ages, hextecch gunblade, void staff or abyss scepter. I was using malaady, but with that much damage from shrooms, it wasn't benifiting my shroom damage, if your not hitting with shrrooms enough malaady is better. I may drop rod of the ages for black cleaver after seeing what your build can do, but madreds may be better for the as.

Instead of flash I use ignite, to help shut down heals, but flash is a good alternative, I'd prolly survive more, NJ on your guide

Krackor

10-22-2010

A few criticisms I have:

1. Crit chance runes are far from optimal on Teemo. A big part of his auto attack dps even early game is from his Toxic Shot which doesn't scale on crit. Crit chance without Infinity Edge also just doesn't measure up to armor pen if you're building pure AD.

2. Your item build is pretty schizophrenic. You can either go magic dps-carry with Madred's, Malady and attack speed, or you can go AD dps-carry with AD and armor pen. Combining the two is inefficient. In his current state, AP/CDR/AS is probably the better way to build him with a Madred's, so you should avoid Black Cleaver and Stark's. Frozen Mallet is still very worth having for the slow and HP. I'd replace your last two item choices with a Nashor's Tooth and either some more MPen like Void Staff or some survivability like GA/Banshee's/Zhonya's/Rylai's.

3. I'd argue it's worth putting a couple extra points in Move Quick at levels 7/8/9/10 once you pick up some CDR. It will help you control your lane and nearby jungle/river with shrooms without missing out on farming your lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady2Die View Post
A few alternative items to consider manamune possibly over madred's though I. Say this with doubt it MAY be better may not be. Nashors for As/Mp5/cooldown
Teemo barely uses any mana at any point in the game, so I don't see much point in grabbing a Manamune. A set of mp5/lvl runes should be more than enough to keep you over 50% mana full time, unless you engage in some freakishly long teamfight where you're spamming Q and no one is dying.

Teemonator

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krackor View Post
A few criticisms I have:

1. Crit chance runes are far from optimal on Teemo. A big part of his auto attack dps even early game is from his Toxic Shot which doesn't scale on crit. Crit chance without Infinity Edge also just doesn't measure up to armor pen if you're building pure AD.

2. Your item build is pretty schizophrenic. You can either go magic dps-carry with Madred's, Malady and attack speed, or you can go AD dps-carry with AD and armor pen. Combining the two is inefficient. In his current state, AP/CDR/AS is probably the better way to build him with a Madred's, so you should avoid Black Cleaver and Stark's. Frozen Mallet is still very worth having for the slow and HP. I'd replace your last two item choices with a Nashor's Tooth and either some more MPen like Void Staff or some survivability like GA/Banshee's/Zhonya's/Rylai's.

3. I'd argue it's worth putting a couple extra points in Move Quick at levels 7/8/9/10 once you pick up some CDR. It will help you control your lane and nearby jungle/river with shrooms without missing out on farming your lane.

Teemo barely uses any mana at any point in the game, so I don't see much point in grabbing a Manamune. A set of mp5/lvl runes should be more than enough to keep you over 50% mana full time, unless you engage in some freakishly long teamfight where you're spamming Q and no one is dying.

alright check that out.