Do you think it would be a good idea?

Yes. 72 55.38%
No. 58 44.62%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Concept of Healing Over Time.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

10-21-2010

Its called Hot
Healing
Over
Time

Similiarly...
Having
Orgasms
Tonight

Azuredragon653

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azelf View Post
I have to disagree with you, my good sir.

There's no reason why it HAS to be much much higher. None at all.
A spell heals for 700 over 7 seconds. 15 second CD.
A spell heals for 600 instantly. 15 second CD.

Are you truly going to tell me that first one is even comparable to the second?

Azelf

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post

Now, why would the HoT (which is clearly worse than an instal heal) has the same CD?

If it has, say, 7s CD, which one would be better?

SilasBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

A hot with slightly more heal can be applied before a battle, making it tick to counter damage dealt. It'd be fun to have a character with a damage shield and a hot with normalish damage so you can shield and hot, then continue to fight.

Gunkuu

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post

If you don't leave any mechanics to the imagination. You could do a lot of things with HoTs, making them scale with % a tic or each tic adds some sort of stat meaning the stat builds off slow and at the final second is pretty strong, or anything. Stop thinking of mechanics as baby's first healing ability.

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-21-2010

If you changed all heals to be HoT instead of Instant Heals, there wouldn't be any more instants for those new HoTs to be "worse than"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
HoT's are annoying to play against, don't feel gratifying, and are terrifying to balance. They are "snowbally" in that if you are getting rocked, a HoT does nothing, but if your rolling people its a no-brainer "win" button.
I'm not sure how you could reason "heals over time are more annoying to fight against than instant heals" - if someone heals 100hp/sec over 5 seconds, you can burst them down in those first few seconds as opposed to a straight-up 500 health heal where they'd get away with like 100 health.

Not following either how 200hp every second for 5 seconds is at all more "snowbally" than 1000 hp in 1 second. If anything, instant heals are "hahaha you came so close to killing us you underleveled kids, but you'll never get us *insta-fills a health bar*"

Knote

10-21-2010

Hots are annoying to play against? Remove pots and garen. =p

PrawnWonton

10-21-2010

Uh, Sona is pretty much a walking multi-target HoT machine...

Alberio Imma

10-21-2010

Didn't there used to be an old metagame where it was "poke and heal"? You know, where every team had a Soraka and Kayle in a lane and it was essentially just cast heal when up?

The Hub

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkuu View Post
How, if a HoT does close to the same amount of heal as a normal heal, instead just over time, more no-brainer "win" button than a normal heal?
Because in the middle of a close 5 on 5 full commit a HOT does borderline nothing. A burst heal does.

In a game where you are picking them off 1 on by 1 an HOT keeps every capped off for nothing.