Why do people think ryze is op?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KidNickaroo

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Hardly ever see him anymore he has a tough early game a bad lane phase short ranges and no skills to farm creeps besides ult. People complain that he is tanky and does damage like any other caster but if he doesn't build tanky he wouldn't be good.

Aroph

01-22-2013

Because of the snare. It's hard for people to deal with.

The Lord Impaler

01-22-2013

I main Ryze and the new Muramana has been a BIG boost to his late game power once he has a full Tear, he is being played at least twice as often as last season from numbers I saw quite some time ago so it may be even higher now. His farming is actually quite good because that Ult with max CDR and his passive can be spammed about every 20 seconds which means you get into a nice rythm of ulting each wave which makes for great farming. While your correct that his 'Tanky reputation is entirely the result of the standard CRD/Mana oriented build which happens to coincidentally be a heavy Armor build as well, because he can skip entirely the Ability Power items which typically lack any armor. I find that I rarely get denied good farm because of rune-prisons ability to hold an opponent back, the rapidness of my Q which can pick off minions easily, an occasional ult on a wave and a certain closeness that my tankyness gives me ware a typical mage would have to stand a bit further back.

SeiYouSiLa

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluniq View Post
Hardly ever see him anymore he has a tough early game a bad lane phase short ranges and no skills to farm creeps besides ult. People complain that he is tanky and does damage like any other caster but if he doesn't build tanky he wouldn't be good.
Before his Q,W and E abilities are all lock on abilities and his ult to enhance them. Ryze has no skill shots which means if he is in range(which he will be most of the time) he will land those abilities, It doesn't take a lot of skill to play a non skillshot mid champion

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-23-2013

because he has a faceroll combo that can melt an entire team repeatedly if theyre stupid enough and he doesnt need AP to do it

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

AP is a very expensive stat. If you’re buying AP, a lot of times you’re sacrificing building armor, MR or health
By buying AP, you are increasing your damage and not your resistances.
Mana, on the other hand, is a relatively cheap stat. In addition it is almost always associated with some sort of armor, MR or health. The problem is, every mage champ in the game except 1 needs AP to deal damage and often sacrifices mana and resistances to do it.

With Ryze, building mana, which is often paired in tanky items, makes him deal more damage.

So where most champs need to build damage to do damage, Ryze needs to build tanky to deal damage. So there is no benefit to him not building like a big tank.

It’d be like if a champion had a passive that said “for every 1 AP, this champion receives 1 armor and 1 MR.” It defies logic that building defensively will bolster your offense. It’s the same reason Riven, with her shield that scales off of AD, is so broken.

In building your champion, you should either choose to build defense or offense. Building both simultaneously with low cost items will always be a problem in my eyes.

Rakaydos

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onimus Terlain View Post
AP is a very expensive stat. If youíre buying AP, a lot of times youíre sacrificing building armor, MR or health
By buying AP, you are increasing your damage and not your resistances.
Mana, on the other hand, is a relatively cheap stat. In addition it is almost always associated with some sort of armor, MR or health. The problem is, every mage champ in the game except 1 needs AP to deal damage and often sacrifices mana and resistances to do it.

With Ryze, building mana, which is often paired in tanky items, makes him deal more damage.

So where most champs need to build damage to do damage, Ryze needs to build tanky to deal damage. So there is no benefit to him not building like a big tank.

Itíd be like if a champion had a passive that said ďfor every 1 AP, this champion receives 1 armor and 1 MR.Ē It defies logic that building defensively will bolster your offense. Itís the same reason Riven, with her shield that scales off of AD, is so broken.

In building your champion, you should either choose to build defense or offense. Building both simultaneously with low cost items will always be a problem in my eyes.
...Xerath...

FlongerDonger

01-23-2013

The only reason I think he's annoying is because he can build tanky mana items and still kill you pretty easily, he's not op just annoying for an AP mid to deal with especially Veigar who's ult relies on the fact that the enemy champions build AP which Ryze doesn't

vVvMagwai

01-23-2013

There were a lot of big changes this season that synergize well with his kit. Not only does muramana add an incredible ammount of damage to your abilities, but muramana also now stacks with archangels staff. That's a lot of mana. Granted you can't build both up at the same time so it takes a while to do so, but the reward for doing so is that you can melt the entire other team in seconds.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
...Xerath...
And if it was more than a measly 15%, it would be a strong passive.