A New Way to Que

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artais

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

So I had an idea dawn on me a few weeks ago and I passed it off because I'm sure someone had thought of it or it would be dismissed. The problem is that it just keeps coming back to me and I can't keep it to myself anymore.

I played World of Warcraft back in Wrath and I remembered the change to dungeon queing that they implemented in that expansion. People were able to que up as a specific role. Why can't we do that in League? Someone could que up as mid (or top, jungle, ADc, Sup) and be set up with people that fill the other roles. If the que times take too long they could always set up a system where you can pick two roles. At the “accept” screen and in champ select it has an icon next to your name showing which of your choices you will be playing.

Now I talked with some friends about it and they insist that this would make people conform to a meta. There is some truth to that but here is what I think. If I que up as support and say I want to play LeBlanc support people will likely be upset but at least they won’t have to worry about filling support or jungle or mid. There will be trolls but there are always trolls and at least with this people will be less likely to try and double pick lanes.

I also feel that this will help in the tribunal process for people who are clearly only in games to be disruptive. If someone picks Annie jungle when they are assigned top and someone else is clearly assigned jungle they should be banned. If someone is assigned support they pick Rumble and go top they are clearly breaking the rules and should be banned. It makes things far more clear for the tribunal. There can be room for talk within the team for cases where people want to change the meta in solo que but at least the 5 basic roles will be filled and the problem of who gets to do mid or top is already decided. Imagine a world where all you have to worry about is what champs get picked in each role and not who is going to fill those roles. No one will have to worry about not getting the role they wanted.

This is the world I offer you.

chaser676

01-22-2013

Original idea you got there

Dizzy Nanner

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artais View Post
So I had an idea dawn on me a few weeks ago and I passed it off because I'm sure someone had thought of it or it would be dismissed. The problem is that it just keeps coming back to me and I can't keep it to myself anymore.

I played World of Warcraft back in Wrath and I remembered the change to dungeon queing that they implemented in that expansion. People were able to que up as a specific role. Why can't we do that in League? Someone could que up as mid (or top, jungle, ADc, Sup) and be set up with people that fill the other roles. If the que times take too long they could always set up a system where you can pick two roles. At the “accept” screen and in champ select it has an icon next to your name showing which of your choices you will be playing.

Now I talked with some friends about it and they insist that this would make people conform to a meta. There is some truth to that but here is what I think. If I que up as support and say I want to play LeBlanc support people will likely be upset but at least they won’t have to worry about filling support or jungle or mid. There will be trolls but there are always trolls and at least with this people will be less likely to try and double pick lanes.

I also feel that this will help in the tribunal process for people who are clearly only in games to be disruptive. If someone picks Annie jungle when they are assigned top and someone else is clearly assigned jungle they should be banned. If someone is assigned support they pick Rumble and go top they are clearly breaking the rules and should be banned. It makes things far more clear for the tribunal. There can be room for talk within the team for cases where people want to change the meta in solo que but at least the 5 basic roles will be filled and the problem of who gets to do mid or top is already decided. Imagine a world where all you have to worry about is what champs get picked in each role and not who is going to fill those roles. No one will have to worry about not getting the role they wanted.

This is the world I offer you.
Not specific roles but lanes

Like Mid top or bot, Duo bot

Artais

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy Nanner View Post
Not specific roles but lanes

Like Mid top or bot, Duo bot
I agree, it would need to be vague enough to let people experiment but I do feel like it needs to be something like "duo carry" and "duo support." That way people know they are supporting or carrying and being in a duo lane. I think the idea of saying "mid" is enough to let people know that they can do what they want as long as they take that champ mid.

Artais

01-22-2013

This may force the meta a bit but there has to be a vague enough way to do this without it being forced. Someone will always jungle. Someone will always have to fill each lane. By that math there is one person left we can call it support but that doesn't mean that person cant do a kill lane top (or mid) and leave a solo person bottom. The biggest thing this will do is give people a huge head's up before even getting into champion select. Champion select seems like such a short amount of time to plan your whole game this will just give everyone a huge weight off their shoulders while doing it.

Eagle X D

Artais

01-22-2013

Haha wow thank you. I'm one of those idiots who doesn't look to see if it has been posted.

BiIlCosby

01-22-2013

Wow, I'm sorry you wrote so much and obviously put a lot of time into it, because this has been suggested a million times ago. I remember the time when I, a wee LoL-er, came up with the very same idea and proposed it to my experienced friends... of course, they dismissed it. And so it goes.

PogoPogoPogoPogo