Slight Soraka Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aroph

01-22-2013

Remember when the CD on Astral Blessing kept hopping from 10 - 9 - 10 - 9 during the numerous Soraka buffs and nerfs? And then Riot did it? DOUBLED the cooldown from 10 to 20?

Since you can't even use Infuse on yourself anymore, it's hard to use it at a regular pace, with its HUUGEE mana cost.

Suggestion:

Instead of the usual

20 seconds at all levels

Can we get a:

20 - 19 - 18 - 17 - 16 seconds?

In early game, the heal is very useful. Lots of downtime. Enough time to recover your ADC to full health while farming. Very leisurely, and the ADC can play as recklessly as they want. And then, comes late game, when no one has time to wait 20 seconds for an INDIVIDUAL healing.

In late game, your ultimate and Infuse are really the most useful things in your kit, but it isn't really much, considering you'll get reported for trolling if you try to build any higher than 100 AP. And come on, by the time you get into cast range to use Infuse on the AP carry, they enemy are going to hit you down in a second...

Riot. pls.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

I wouldn't disagree; a 20 second CD for what has become a rather largely nerfed heal is long, even with the Armor buff.

Aroph

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
You mean 20/19/18/17/16, Karma's the only champ who gets 6 levels per skill.

And I wouldn't disagree; a 20 second CD for what has become a rather largely nerfed heal is long, even with the Armor buff.
Oops. Thanks for noticing. Fixed it. ^^

RadiantPyrophore

01-22-2013

Quote:
I wouldn't disagree; a 20 second CD for what has become a rather largely nerfed heal is long, even with the Armor buff.
It also costs twice as much mana as your average ult, on a champion that can no longer sustain her own mana over time. Gimpy as ****. Champion UP. QQ.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
It also costs twice as much mana as your average ult, on a champion that can no longer sustain her own mana over time. Gimpy as ****. Champion UP. QQ.
I've raised a similar complaint about Kayle's W; it costs more mana than her ultimate.

No, seriously. Her level 1 ult is 100 mana, her level 1 heal is 50. Her level 3 ult is 50, her level 5 heal is 100. I understand having it spammable is potentially overpowered, but it's still retarded.

Sorry, tangential, topic's Soraka. But I agree nonetheless, her W is insanely costly, her E can no longer give herself mana, and her CDs are all massive.

Cynical Rain

01-22-2013

I agree

RadiantPyrophore

01-22-2013

Quote:
I've raised a similar complaint about Kayle's W; it costs more mana than her ultimate.

No, seriously. Her level 1 ult is 100 mana, her level 1 heal is 50. Her level 3 ult is 50, her level 5 heal is 100. I understand having it spammable is potentially overpowered, but it's still retarded.

Sorry, tangential, topic's Soraka. But I agree nonetheless, her W is insanely costly, her E can no longer give herself mana, and her CDs are all massive.
I know right? It's not actually a heal, because if you try to use it like that you instantly go OOM no matter what. It's actually just a clutch speed boost, and a pathetic one at that.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-23-2013

soraka cant have nice things

Armageddal

01-23-2013

Soraka seems fine as is. Maybe a slightly short cooldown later on, but cooldown reduction helps with this anyways. The mana cost is not an issue. The length of the cooldown and the free cost on Infuse allows you to regenerate the mana that your W costs during the cooldown. Also, don't spam it for sustain; your ADC shouldn't be getting poked that much. Sustain when needed, otherwise save it for clutch saves with the armour buff.

LocCatPowersDog

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post
Soraka seems fine as is. Maybe a slightly short cooldown later on, but cooldown reduction helps with this anyways. The mana cost is not an issue. The length of the cooldown and the free cost on Infuse allows you to regenerate the mana that your W costs during the cooldown. Also, don't spam it for sustain; your ADC shouldn't be getting poked that much. Sustain when needed, otherwise save it for clutch saves with the armour buff.
Mana cost is not an issue? It starts at 80 and sores to 200. The free cost of Infuse has no relevance because (as it's already been brought up by the original poster) YOU CAN'T USE IT ON YOURSELF.

I am still pretty new and I bought Soraka a week or two ago because I wanted to start dipping my toe into the Support area (and she's cheap). I can only imagine how nice it was to cast Infuse on yourself. Or not waiting a 1/3 of a minute to re-heal. Early game you cant use the heal often b/c soon your OOM. Late game you cant click fast enough to heal, even if you can you've healed one of the four mate's taking damage. Waiting a 1/3 of a minute to heal someone else is more time that most engagements last unless it's a constant base battle.