Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot - Jade Fang Cassiopeia Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Cobra

01-22-2013

I would like to have a mature discussion about Jade Fang Cassiopeia with some input from Riot that isn't just "we're aware of issues and will fix it in the future". There is a thread on general discussion about the skin but it is mostly bandwagon complaints and cries for change that seem to be unreasonable at this point in her development.

To begin, I feel it should be known that I'm writing this as a huge Cass fan. She's my most played champion by far and I really care about the quality of her upcoming skin. The current quality - the point of discussion I'd like to have - seems to be subpar to a lot of the community (based on the poll in the general discussion thread).

The majority of the problems seem to lie in her headdress and the community was told it would be unlikely that it would be changed. I can understand this - the skin seems to be near completion and it would take a lot of time to redo everything to accommodate a removed headdress.

This leads me to the question - how can the skin be improved elsewhere in a reasonable manner? The green stone on the ult was a nice touch.

I think the following changes would be very welcome:

- More color to her armor. Right now she is very dull. Perhaps that is what Riot was intending though? Her splash art is much more menacing than the others.
- Actually add the green triangles under her eyes to the model in game. They are only on the splash.
- More noticeable particle changes on her Q and W (perhaps a glowing snake symbol in the Q or W poison cloud?)
- More movement from the snakes on her head (to make them seem less like horns and more like enchanted jade snakes)

Thoughts?

Trinity R

01-22-2013

I understand where you are coming from I really do, but try and empathize with riot, unless its a legendary skin not a great deal goes into these skins, because they are the biggest money maker they have, the amount of profit they earn from skins is stupid.

think about it,

The model is there, they just have to add a few bits and pieces, change a color here and there, maybe change a few particle effects and voila 10$ from everyone. Look at it from a business point of view.

But like I said I agree with you and what you are saying more effort needs to go into the skins.

King Cobra

01-22-2013

Quote:
Trinity R:
I understand where you are coming from I really do, but try and empathize with riot, unless its a legendary skin not a great deal goes into these skins, because they are the biggest money maker they have, the amount of profit they earn from skins is stupid.

think about it,

The model is there, they just have to add a few bits and pieces, change a color here and there, maybe change a few particle effects and voila 10$ from everyone. Look at it from a business point of view.

But like I said I agree with you and what you are saying more effort needs to go into the skins.

That is a very valid point. I don't even think it has to do with all the Revel skins. Xin, Jarvan, and Corki all are very spot on. Panda Annie is AWESOME. Their skins are clear and the particles changes are very noticeable.
Perhaps this is because of the dramatic particle changes. Corki went from rockets to fireworks for example and Annie's fire is very dramatic along with a brand new Tibbers model. Cass went from green poison cloud to slightly different blue-green poison cloud. Her miasma is darker purple and has some new wisps to it. I feel like more can be done there without a lot more effort.

Sir Bunnykins

01-22-2013

They're ignoring all these threads. Don't even bother. :l

King Cobra

01-22-2013

Quote:
SyndrÄ:
They're ignoring all these threads. Don't even bother. :l

It is most likely because all of the threads about her are just whining and complaining. The headdress is probably staying. How can she improved more though? I think improving the particles changes would be very nice. This is the Chinese symbol for snake:http://i.imgur.com/XK1wfcW.jpg Imagine a glowing green image of that under every Q that fades away kind of like Malphite's Ground Slam's punch mark. I think that would be VERY cool and it would give reference to the fact that it is the year of the snake and the skin is celebrating that.

EDIT: Don't know why it won't post as a thumbnail. >_>

Sir Bunnykins

01-22-2013

Quote:
mclarenfan:
It is most likely because all of the threads about her are just whining and complaining. The headdress is probably staying. How can she improved more though? I think improving the particles changes would be very nice. This is the Chinese symbol for snake:http://i.imgur.com/XK1wfcW.jpg Imagine a glowing green image of that under every Q that fades away kind of like Malphite's Ground Slam's punch mark. I think that would be VERY cool and it would give reference to the fact that it is the year of the snake and the skin is celebrating that.

EDIT: Don't know why it won't post as a thumbnail. >_>

This has particle and model changes. They still ignored them all.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3011210

King Cobra

01-22-2013

Quote:
SyndrÄ:
This has particle and model changes. They still ignored them all.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3011210

That thread started out promising but it ultimately degraded to people just posting about how much they disapprove of the skin. What is Riot supposed to say to that? They aren't ignoring the thread. I have no doubt that somebody read through it. There just is nothing to say that will appease people. It was made pretty clear that the headdress is not changing. A Rioter who posts in that thread will get downvoted and flamed.

I made this thread to discuss other aspects of the skin though and how the final product can be drastically improved without an incredible amount of time and devotion.

Honestly, the skin isn't bad. The splash art is SICK. It is a totally different style than the rest of the lunar skins and I think I'm understanding what Riot was going for with the theme. I think with a few tweaks it would be an awesome skin for Cass. I want to talk about what these tweaks should be and if they are possible.