Advice on how to stop raging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goood Guy Ty

01-22-2013

I am a relatively normal player. 1650-1700 elo. i am average. Yet, i can't help but rage when i lose lane or die and it is out of my control.

Example: I get tower dived by a diana + xin at lvl 4. Xin survives with 20 hps. I died under the tower, i did everything right, yet, I die with no reward.

Getting tower dived by 4 people 15 mins in the game. Team offers no help and ignores the snowballed lane.

This is not a QQ thread, i am showing you under those circumstances how do i not rage? I honestly need some advice before i get banned.

Delinth

01-22-2013

I'm going to be serious even though this will sound sarcastic: Pull the Enter Key off your keyboard. Even if this means buying a cheap, throw away keyboard that will only ever be used for LoL. Rip the damn thing off.

Now some are thinking "Oh, well now you'll just be reported for refusing to communicate!". Use pings. They are a form of communication. Just don't spam them.

It's not ideal, but if you just cannot control yourself from being hateful in chat to your teammates, remove the ability to use chat.

Edit: Also try calming music while playing. I suggest Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

Irelia Carries U

01-22-2013

1650-1700 isn't average

Quartzmonkey

01-22-2013

Take a break from the game if you can't handle it emotionally.
Get some perspective to remind you that it is, in fact, just a game you're playing.
There's a lot more stressful **** out there than this.
Then come back and you'll feel better.

CloaknDagger222

01-22-2013

Perspective, and knowledge.

Perspective:

This is a game. 1650 elo is higher than 95% of the playerbase. You're very skilled to be there. You're here to show how good you are, not to worry about how bad your teammates are.

Knowledge: Bad players are on both teams. Assuming you're good, you're going to win more games than you lose by simple displacement arithmetic alone. Okay, so you're losing this one to a troll/rager/feeder. Your silence will help you be a better player than indulging your anger.

Goood Guy Ty

01-22-2013

Alright. Thank you all for the advice. I will do my best.