Rengar Will Never Be Good Again

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fathootz

01-29-2013

the only time i even play rengo anymore is in 3s. Lotsa bush but he still gets his poop pushed in

Nocturnes

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Dunking View Post
Yeah this is what I thought too. but since they didnt fix the heal like I wanted to Might as well make it 6.5 to make up for it. with a scaling of 0.6 per lvl. cause let's agree that rengar health regen got raped hardcore and wasnt fixed even after the nerfs they did to him. feels like rengar is a puppet they released just to make him suffer. sadistic riot.
I almost feel as if when they were rebuffing him, they forgot as to what they nerfed about him in the first place and just quickly put a few things together to give him something, rather than addressing what was truly the problem.

VictusOmnis

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
Title says it all. He has no place in this game anymore. He can't build tanky because then he does no damage. He can't build damage because then he explodes. He can't jungle because his clear keeps getting nerfed. He can't lane because all of his abilities keep getting nerfed and because his base stats keep getting butchered. He can't engage without an obscene head start and mass pinging so that your team knows you're going in. He can't escape because frankly, his ultimate cooldown is way too long and the "delay" time might as well be a, "Please kill me while I try to run" timer. He can't clear waves. He can't compete in damage. His late game is too weak for his horrible early game. His early game is laughable for a ****ty late game. You can't even build AP anymore because his W got annihilated both ratio-wise and damage wise. What can you do with Rengar? Nothing. His Q sucks, his W sucks, his E is arguably the only good ability he has but even that's questionable, and his ultimate (if you can even call it that) sucks. The only thing Rengar has going for him are slick animations and a fantastic voice. Everything else sucks. Just scrap him and remake him from the ground up so that we can do it right this time. Classick please...

/end rant.
/yes I'm mad.
Maybe if they revert everything to pre-elise fudge ups then he will be viable.

But nooooo Riot wants to listen the the stupid whiners.

IS118da62a7bb137aeb0685

01-29-2013

the problem with Rengar is that his base damages are pathetic and his scalings are bad too
that's why he was played as a tank , because even if you build 400 AD on him (almost impossible in real game to get 6 items) , your QQ "combo" does only 1500 damage before armor ,and you can do that once in a fight

lets say you open with stealth 5 ferocity QQ combo , then you hit EW and you are at 3 ferocity ,now you need to survive 8 seconds for your next Q/E in middle of the enemy team to get 5 ferocity again , by that time you're either dead or so low that you gotta use your empowered W

compared that to champions like zed who does around 3000 in a combo before armor , and he still has his spammable E and passive to finish ppl off

Rengar's kit screams tanky dps because of the W armor boost , Q attack speed buff and his ferocity requires him to stay alive longer than 8 seconds to get 2 empowered spells off
but his base damages are pathetic for tanky dps

he either needs a complete rework if they want him to be an assassin ,or needs a huge base damage boost on Q and W to be a tanky dps

Wero34

01-29-2013

That rengar empower Q need to scale with lvl to 100% at lv 1 to 150% at lv 18

SHAFACKENHA

01-29-2013

I have a theoretical idea on fixing his W

How about changing his armor & magic resist for his W into a passive skill which scales depending on his lvl. Then making the heal ability from his empowered W a regular trait which will give him some sustainability for jungling or just general defense later on in game( this will prevent him from going into a tanky build in which you change his healing trait into a flat number rather than a % to begin with.) Obviously it has to hit an enemy to gain any heal to prevent any unfair W heal spam it will conceive and a lower heal value to make it not OP as the kids say these days. (A fair trade off, only gain heal in the heat of battle.) Though it may be cool down reliant, I think this is a good idea to make him not finish potions constantly in early jungle runs. Then for his empowered W how about adding a stun? This will give him a fighting edge in 1v1 fights if he manage to not kill his target with his QQetc. Combo, seeing how his damage is not the greatest, and maybe another escape option if his E is currently not available for use and cannot handle the fight he engaged in. I mean it's only fitting how he is a lion. If a lion roared in front of you, would you be scared? Of course! I would **** myself and probably my body would be in shocked, leaving me "stunned"... See what I did there? Haha... And maybe feared is another good idea.

The way I see it, this is a good idea in my opinion if Riot is having a hard time deciding to give something back to Rengar to make him have an edge again. Since his old QQ seem to be to strong for the people (I find it funny at how he is suppose to be an assassin in my eyes, yet his job to kill his target is deem is too strong, they have to Nerf it.) I see this as a fair trade off if they decided to give him sustain again. Seeing how he is in his current trait, he has nothing. No damage or sustain. He needs 1 of those or he will forever be in a mediocre state.

Auspexa

01-29-2013

++

Macab

01-30-2013

I just unlocked Rengar and I'm really enjoying his play style.

I just want to say something about his Bonetooth necklace. Why should it cost 800 gold? It should be free and if anything the same price as hunters mach. It's his item, why should he have to pay a whooping 800 gold for it?!?!?! I'd love to start with this item and make early ganks pay off for me via necklace stacks.

IS118da62a7bb137aeb0685

01-30-2013

bump

Nocturnes

01-30-2013

This thread continues here for those following: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post34069617