Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Smartcast Range Indicators

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No worries mate

01-21-2013

It seems as though not a lot of people are aware of this feature, so I'll explain. Normally when you smartcast a spell, you only have to press the proper key for your spell as opposed to pressing and then clicking. However, this comes at the cost of the range indicators on whatever spell you smartcast; in other words, once you press the key you will immediately cast the spell towards wherever your cursor is located, giving you no time to see the range on that spell. If you play like this you need to really know the range on your spells by heart.

Turning on smartcast range indicators gets rid of this problem completely, by allowing you to press and HOLD the key to see that range of that spell just like you would without smart cast. Whats even better is that you can cancel the spell if you so wish by right-clicking before releasing the key. After I learned about smart casting and these features fast spell casting became a lot more fluid and easier. So far there is no spell I can think of that I wouldn't use smart casting with range indicators for. Smartcast range indicators can be enabled under the more options tab.

Hope this information was helpful to somebody.

KingCzar

04-05-2013

thx i knew about it tho :P

noxToken

04-05-2013

You should have posted this in the new player forum. Great tip.

Redlucs

04-05-2013

I've been playing for over a year and didn't know this existed. I've seen it in quite a few streams too, but was never quite sure what I was looking at.

Thanks for the tip!

Sephïroth

04-05-2013

I knew it existed though never knew that you could hold it to see range and/or cancel. This would be awesome for my Lux as I always take her ult off smart cast so I can see the range.