Best/Quickest way to jungle with WW and Rammus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

simPp

10-21-2010

First, yes I know udyr is beast jungler. Olaf and mumu are good too. But I enjoy playing WW and Rammus.

Now with WW I think I do a pretty good job.. been playing him almost everyday for a month. Have a good win and a very good k/d ratio with him.

I use Armor Pen Marks and Quints. Dodge seals, CD Glyphs. 1/16/13 Masteries.

Now.. with WW I usually surpass the people in the side lane's in levels, and am usually 1 behind the mid and solo lane player. I buy a cloth armor 2 pots and a ward. I always start at blue teams blue buff, then wolves, then purple team's red buff, golems, wraiths. This always gives me the 700, I bluepill buy razor then solo dragon by level 3 or very close to 4. This usually puts me at level 6 or close enough to 6 that by time I setup for the gank, the exp from the dying minions will put me at 6. Then I just start my gank fest, rebuffing when needed. I usually buy the pieces of Brazor, then speed/zerkers depending on the team. Then I rush a GA if they have good DPS. After the GA, if they're good players and I'm being focuses I go for Spirit Visage. If not I rush a blood thirster. Then depending on what the other team is doing, I generally go for another thirster, IE, Frozen, Wit's, Phantom etc.

Basically any advice on what I'm doing is appreciated... how can I speed up getting to level 6. By time I hit 6, mid and solo lanes are usually hitting 7. Any better ways to build?

Now with rammus it's a different story... In lane I'm very good with rammus. Specially in a solo lane. I'm very good at getting taunt+tower+powerball kills. But in a jungle not so much. I am definitely much slower with rammus in the jungle.

For rammus, I'm using nearly the same runes as WW except HP Quints instead of Armor Pen. For masteries I've tried 1/16/13 which I don't think worked as well as 0/21/9

I start with a cloth armor and 5 HP pots. I rush a wriggles, then go for sunfire/ran omen, aegis, then depending... banshee's, abyssal, FoN etc.

Now with rammus I've tried running the same jungle path as I do with WW, but it's veryyyyy slowwwwww, and the golem at blue really ****s me up at level 1. I sometimes burn 2 pots. And there's no way I can solo dragon at level 3... I have to wait til I get my ult to solo dragon..

I've tried a different path starting at red, then golems, wraiths, blue buff, then repeat until 6 then solo dragon. This seems to be quicker to get to 6, but I'd like to solo dragon earlier than that... is it possible? How can I improve my jungle rammus game... I sometimes have to bluepill early to heal when I don't have enough gold for my items, thus delaying my start more.

TLDR; Looking for WW Jungle tips, and I suck with Jungle Rammus, so what's best way to play?

DrUnK3nPaNdA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-21-2010

With Warwick, I like to go with Attack Speed Marks, Dodge Seals and Cooldown Glyphs. I generally go with 21/0/9 for masteries (with improved smite and awareness). Starting with armor and three potions. I take Smite/Ghost for summoner spells.

Rather than starting at Golem where people look for a jungling Warwick I start at the ghosts by our mid-lane (It's important that the player mid stays away to keep from splitting XP). Smite the big one and finish off the other three with one hungering strike. Move to your wolves, focus the big one first, level up your W. Move to the golem and focus it first. Level hungering strike again, then move to the little golems and finally lizard, leveling Blood Scent. If things have gone right, you should have two healing pots left. If anyone is low or overextended, you can go for a gank. If not, with both buffs you should be able to easily solo dragon. If your blue is running low you can refresh it on their golem before proceeding to the dragon.

Rary the Traitor

10-21-2010

With Rammus I like to start at wraiths, smite the big one, and then kill the little ones with DBC. Then I move on to Wolves and then Blue (smite should be up again by the time you approach blue). This allows you to be lvl 2 by the time you start getting blue buff. After that, I powerball over to golems and then take red (smite should be about up again by that time). Hope this helps some.

TheOddOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-21-2010

For Rammus I'd suggest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQEaZ3aqXwE

Someone else can explain the WW way but often I think junglers at level 4 should either focus on:
a)ganking a lane
b)doing dragon
c)stopping the enemy jungler from doing a or b

simPp

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnK3nPaNdA View Post
With Warwick, I like to go with Attack Speed Marks, Dodge Seals and Cooldown Glyphs. I generally go with 21/0/9 for masteries (with improved smite and awareness). Starting with armor and three potions. I take Smite/Ghost for summoner spells.

Rather than starting at Golem where people look for a jungling Warwick I start at the ghosts by our mid-lane (It's important that the player mid stays away to keep from splitting XP). Smite the big one and finish off the other three with one hungering strike. Move to your wolves, focus the big one first, level up your W. Move to the golem and focus it first. Level hungering strike again, then move to the little golems and finally lizard, leveling Blood Scent. If things have gone right, you should have two healing pots left. If anyone is low or overextended, you can go for a gank. If not, with both buffs you should be able to easily solo dragon. If your blue is running low you can refresh it on their golem before proceeding to the dragon.
I've never been ganked at blue yet, I always buy a ward at start and drop it in the river If I'm on blue team, or drop it near wolves if I'm purple team I always start at blue teams blue buff. I've had plenty of attempts but the ward as saved my life an incredible amount of times. I will try your path out though because I'd like to see if it's any quicker. I want to be tied with the mid/solo lanes in levels rather than 1 behind, which I guess is still pretty fast, but I'd like to improve my game. Thanks. Also, the AS marks might be a good idea... should I take HP Quints? or AS or Armor Pen quints? What do you use? Also, with a full offensive mastery build do you have any trouble with damage? With my 1/16/13 build I don't even need the HP pots, but I buy them just incase of a gank, and I use 1 when I start blue buff, so if any gankers come wandering I still have full HP after getting buff, same thing at the dragon, when I start solo'ing dragon at level 3 I pop a pot, that way if anyone wanders nearby I have full HP to fight them off, while tanking the dragon and them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rary the Traitor View Post
With Rammus I like to start at wraiths, smite the big one, and then kill the little ones with DBC. Then I move on to Wolves and then Blue (smite should be up again by the time you approach blue). This allows you to be lvl 2 by the time you start getting blue buff. After that, I powerball over to golems and then take red (smite should be about up again by that time). Hope this helps some.

What, masteries/runes? This probably is a much faster path then what I'm taking. IDK blue golem seems to mess my day up big time unless I start with lizard than golem. What level can you successfully solo the dragon? My goal is to do it before I get my ult, but I seem to take wayyyy too much damage while not dealing enough.