Possible Early Revival Exploit

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Otellinar

10-21-2010

So on a minute long death timer, I alt-tabbed out of the League of Legends window to check a forum online. When time was nearly up I reopened the League window. When it came back up my death timer was showing about nine seconds, but I was then instantly revived.

Not sure if this was just the timer not updating fast enough when I reopened the window or an actual bug, I tried it a few more times, and based on the experimentation it seems that if you minimize the League window and come back with less then ten seconds on the death timer, you are instantly revived.

If it matters I'm running Windows 7. Bug has only been seen on Summoner's Rift using Annie and Kayle.

Slipstream57

10-21-2010

Wait, you had a minute long death timer, and you went and checked a web page instead of berating and swearing at your teammates for feeding and being bads and not supporting you? I sure hope I never get queued with you, it's obvious you have no idea how to play this game.

nyttyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Not really. The timers can be buggy sometimes, and will usually display incorrect numbers if you alt tab.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

10-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Our timers are actually client side so if you do funny stuff to your game like Alt + Tab it's bound to break your timers on your screen but the timing of the server should still be correct.

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Would be great to die, alt-tab, change your system clock and tab back in to be alive...

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquisScry View Post
Would be great to die, alt-tab, change your system clock and tab back in to be alive...
You now have negative time remaining. Permanently.

EquisScry

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
You now have negative time remaining. Permanently.
How do I math?

WolfSummoner

10-21-2010

Also, if your comp is slow, the timer will be slightly off. Previously, I had a barely functioning comp to play and it always showed the timer to be wrong by a few seconds. Might be something to do with this as well