Can we talk about Heimer's turrets?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corporal Cupcake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Why the hell are his turrets so damn stupid? Seriously, every other spawnable minion is 100% smarter than his turrets, for some examples see Zyra's plants, Malz Voidling, and even Elise's spiderlings. Every single one of those attack whatever the player is attacking. I can't even figure out Heimer's turrets' targetting, it's like they prioritize minions over champs. It can't be the closest object because while I'm getting wailed on by a Riven my turrets are busy killing the minion wave. Not asking for much, just make his turrets attack whatever heimer last autoattacked or whatever. Easy fix. Supposed to be some kind of genius and he can't even make his creations obey him.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-21-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Good point. I bet I can help him do that better.

IS1d3c256ccf2ba0

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
And that patch will certainly not happen in at least 3 months, just like Karma.

Mïkêy

01-21-2013

CertainlyT's got you^

dogbiter

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
hey d00d, sorry for being offtopic but, could you make an official statement about the PBE changes/incomplete info that has been leaked from the server by RoG?? people are making lots of complaining on the forums

Lethminite

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
hey d00d, sorry for being offtopic but, could you make an official statement about the PBE changes/incomplete info that has been leaked from the server by RoG?? people are making lots of complaining on the forums
"data from unoffical sources is unreliable and often incomplete, please wait until PBE is up, and then remember that PBE changes are tenative."

HammerTimeMays

01-21-2013

Are we being trolled? This has been an issue for years and it's now going to be worked on? I'm having trouble believing this. But would love to see it done.

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerTimeMays View Post
Are we being trolled? This has been an issue for years and it's now going to be worked on? I'm having trouble believing this. But would love to see it done.
it's been said multiple times since heimer his release that they will 'look at his turrets and improve AI'' till this day it has still never happened so i doubt it will happen any time soon

Poster Ryze

01-21-2013

Yes we can. In fact, talk is all we can have, because when it comes to Heimerdinger, Riot is all talk.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-21-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I know Xypherous was trying to re-script the turrets recently. Not sure where he is on that. I'll check in with him tomorrow.

Heimer's turret system is one of the trickier bits of scripting we have, but I am free to do some clean up work on champs that need it since Thresh is complete.

12345 ... 10