Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League System Testing!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veigar

Recruiter

01-20-2013

We're putting the new League System up on the PBE for testing!

There's still a ton of stuff we're developing for it but we also wanted to get it in front of you guys as soon as possible to get feedback and see how it performs with a "real" dataset. For this test, there are some parts of the experience still un-implemented (like messaging for promotions and series starts) that we know are missing, and we'd like to focus feedback on the number tuning of the system.

In order to facilitate testing, we're going to turn off all queues except ranked solo and co-op vs AI so we get a high volume of games going through the system and lower queue times (leaving co-op vs AI so people can still test balance changes and Thresh without having to go through a full ranked game). We've also lowered thresholds for each tier to enable more movement through the leagues.

Here are some known issues to be aware of (since this system is still under very active development you guys are really getting a peek behind the curtain here):

-League data is not unloaded from memory in some cases, which will increase the memory footprint of the client as you browse through more and more leagues
-There are various visual glitches we're aware of, such as summoner icons not showing up in some cases
-If an unranked player looks at the league screen and then -in the same session- finishes their final provisional game, they will still see the unranked interstitial on the league view. It's possible to work around this by navigating through the challenger tier view or restarting the client.

If you're not familiar with what the league system is, you can check out our previous announcement for some more info here: http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=526654
or our Reddit AMA here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/16pay7/ranked_league_system_ama/

And I'll also be available for questions on the forums or in this thread in between games on the PBE all day today. Please use this thread to report bugs and give feedback.

hi im giyomee

01-20-2013

i love you

YouDiedInVayne

01-20-2013

god bless 408

Morbuzaan

01-20-2013

Will PBE signups be available anytime before the first of February for people who want to test this but don't already have PBE accounts?

Worst Eve NA

01-20-2013

Have my babies

Mission50

01-20-2013

Let the testing begin!

ARM24

Recruiter

01-20-2013

Quote:
Veigar:
In order to facilitate testing, we're going to turn off all queues except ranked solo and co-op vs AI so we get a high volume of games going through the system and lower queue times (leaving co-op vs AI so people can still test balance changes and Thresh without having to go through a full ranked game). We've also lowered the number of provisional games needed for seeding down to 3 from 10 to get you into the system faster and set lower thresholds for each tier to enable more movement through the leagues.

So that is why. Good to know.

dafedidi

01-20-2013

It seems I can't see other people(moslty friends) League and stat but only challenger tier. Is this normal ?

Veigar

Recruiter

01-20-2013

Quote:
dafedidi:
It seems I can't see other people(moslty friends) League and stat but only challenger tier. Is this normal ?

If you're not in a league, you will only see the challenger tier on your own league page. You can check out your friends' leagues by going to their profiles and clicking the league view. Let me know if that's what you're doing and still can't see anything.

Warrikon

01-20-2013

I will go there soon as I am plat with ziggs.