Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do not nerf yi/shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzraTwitch

01-20-2013

Please, both of these champions are not viable in tournament play and the proposed nerfs are ridiculous, eviscerating what makes these champs barely viable.

Shiny Goggles

01-20-2013

Master Yi not viable? If I'm not mistaken he was played by M5 and got a pentakill.

Fxris

01-20-2013

Quote:
EzraTwitch:
Please, both of these champions are not viable in tournament play and the proposed nerfs are ridiculous, eviscerating what makes these champs barely viable.

A heal with x4 ap stats really needs to be nerfed.

Koolich

01-20-2013

I normally don't visit forums but there was a thread on UW PCM (college Facebook group) about the Shaco nerfs. May I inquire about why Riot or Diamond Tier players find these nerfs necessary?

I play Shaco at 1500-1600 ELO and I find it hard enough to participate in team fights and stick to my target. These changes will make it a lot harder unless the slow that is applied from using E is much greater (double the passive value).

Lína Inverse

01-20-2013

Yi needs it, it is nigh-impossible to lose lane as AP Yi unless you have some form of mental retardation.

Shaco though? That just screams of Riot catering to ****lords who can't understand that 24/7 pushing to someone's tower is a bad thing when you don't ward.

dafedidi

01-20-2013

The nerfs on Yi are OK

But nerfs for Shaco are way over the top !

Koolich

01-20-2013

Quote:
Fxris:

I have seen quite a few AP Master Yi's mid in Summoner's Rift and I don't think he was that big of an issue. His lack of CC in lane meant it is difficult for him to assist when his jungler ganks. Furthermore, the other AP Mid would just farm lane and rely on being much more useful later in the game than an AP Master Yi. Furthermore, Ignite, or any hard CC ruin his meditate's heal. I think people just dislike champions that almost require being hard-CC'd to shut down or require some form of passive play; in this case, why isn't Cho'gath nerfed into the ground for being an almost immovable object in lane with his passive health/mana gain upon last hitting an enemy unit.

DG Nighthawk

01-20-2013

Link to what proposed changes there are?

Also while I think Shaco isn't in need of a nerf (unless you take into consideration that Riot wants aggressive play, and Shaco really doesn't contribute to this since you have to be really fkin careful when a Shaco is jungling), AP Yi definitely is. His Q is spammable, AoE, does tons of damage, and makes him invulnerable. Furthermore he can reset all of his cooldowns multiple times, making him function as a potentially better assassin then Kat, who has a much worse lane phase then him. I mean, Meditate might not be broken outside of lanephase since you can just stun him, but there's zero chance to stun him in lane if he plays well, you harass, and when you get low you just go behind your turret and use W, then bam you're full hp.

Koolich

01-20-2013

Quote:
Eo Ut Mortus:
Link to what proposed changes there are?

Also while I think Shaco isn't in need of a nerf (unless you take into consideration that Riot wants aggressive play, and Shaco really doesn't contribute to this since you have to be really fkin careful when a Shaco is jungling), AP Yi definitely is. His Q is spammable, AoE, does tons of damage, and makes him invulnerable. Furthermore he can reset all of his cooldowns multiple times, making him function as a potentially better assassin then Kat, who has a much worse lane phase then him. I mean, Meditate might not be broken outside of lanephase since you can just stun him, but there's zero chance to stun him in lane if he plays well, you harass, and when you get low you just go behind your turret and use W, then bam you're full hp.

Good response! The nerfs to Shaco are 1) Q loses goes from 500 to 400 range, and 2) E loses the passive slow but gains the passive blind on non-champions regardless of whether E is on cool-down or not; furthemore, the active slow on E has been increased from 2 to 3 seconds.

Personally, I think there are ways to nerf Shaco's early game without harming his mid-late game. They should make his deceive range scale up with level instead of it being a flat nerf. Same goes with his E.

Regardless, I feel more people will resort to split pushing now since their ability to win by snowballing their allies early game is being reduced; not to mention that this doesn't help Shaco's already... weak... team fighting presence.

Pluckin Penguin

01-20-2013

Quote:
Fxris:

I think they shouldn't have nerfed the base health, but rather the AP Ratio. I mean this is a nerf to all forms of Yi. People may be focusing on AP Yi right now, but AD Yi is still around.