Amazing 5 man squads

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Got rolled harder then ever before with a solid team against:
Nasus
Rammus
Tristana
Sivir
Kassadin

We had: Alistar, Kassadin, Katarina, Blitzcrank, and Gangplank

The skills they had made it tough, 5 heals, 1 rally, rammas roll stun, taunt, for nasus to get in range, and slow, then they follow to kill the one alone, and team push. rolling 5 man at lvl 1 then the rest of the game after lvl 8. The snare and taunt were great forcing us to fight by their team and rally flags, or wipe 1 by 1. Sivir was just over the top, to push down creep waves while their team hero focused, then would ult to wipe down towers with the gank squad. It was tough to counter with our mix, because their aoe and tank wall were tough to get around.

In hindsight, I know we got out picked. Also we got farmed early game, giving them extra gold and 3 kills before the minions spawned, due to some stupidity involving blitzcrank (this seems to be a theme with this hero lately and who is playing it), nothing we seemed to do, broke their frontline, and we couldnt get to the back line without taking a decent beating, losing a turret, or saccing someone to get a kill.

Has anyone encountered amazing 5 man squads of death. What were they, how would you counter it, and how would you counter the above?

GingerGiant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

I'd keep an Amumu in my lineup against these guys. He loves to get hit, and he can jungle. An Amumu stacking Sunfire Capes with Despair rolling is one of the last things Rammus wants to taunt.

Hmm.

Three of them are close-range fighters, so his ultimate is incredibly dangerous. They have very strong aggressive heros, built for harassing. I would imagine they send Nasus and Rammus down a lane together, with Kassadin and Sivir pairing the other dual lane. Tristana gets solo mid. Very tough to lane against. They derive a lot of their DPS from physical attacks, so Amumu is a good counter. He's bound to snag at least three of them with his ult.

My personal death squad is Amumu, Anivia, Ashe, Nasus, and Nunu. This team wins team fights. Lots of disable, crowd control, and crazy AoE damage. My team has huge threats all around, and a jungler.
To counter? Stack magic resistance, try to survive the intial assault, and focus one of us down.

Since the game uses blind picks, you cannot rely on countering with champion choices. You have to pick an angle, and use it to overwhelm the opposition. My group uses unfathomable amounts of AoE damage. The team above appears to have a mind-control setup. They all have some ability to take away some aspect order from team fights, and sew chaos. Sivir strips minions, Trist pushes people, Kass silences, Rammus taunts, and Nasus withers/eats people.

DCode

11-30-2009

It burned when i pvpee'd vs

gangplank
fiddlesticks
vinegar
nunu
soraka

we had

CM (a good one)
ashe
blitz
ryze
cant recall, maybe malphite

AOE spam like crazy, and our lineup couldnt counter them, a singed could've helped a lot,
definately.

and yeah, they pretty much coordinated very well, guess they were in vent.

their lvls

20 19 24 22 21

our lvls

13 15 20 27 12

ThatSaulSheWrote

11-30-2009

Me and my friends go all aoe disable for the most part with a big aoe damage attack.
We used Amumu, Gangplank, Annie, Alastar, and Fiddlesticks. Basically I would flash in and amumu ult w/ despair up while fiddle charged his crowstorm and gangplank started his canon barrage. After we pop those first 2 aoe ults they usually dont even want to fight and try to run. Then, they get slaughtered by Annie's aoe Tibbers that stuns them all again and then they are cleaned up by Fiddle's Crowstorm. Allistar was there simply for the heal spam that can really help in team fights as well as him having basically 2 disables with his pop up and his ram attack. If we werent team fighting we would roam around as a gank squad and pick off the people dumb enough to think they could push turrets alone and live. This strategy kills whole teams with little threat to us simply due to the massive amounts of cc on the team.

Rectal Necrosis

11-30-2009

Blitzcrank is ridiculous XD. I have to weave like none other to avoid his grapple shot.

Actually, I'm not screaming OP over any hero, not even Blitz. It just sucks when I'm doing a gold card bushes sweep pre-game and a blitz is waiting for me with a grapple shot and an Ashe. Only time I ever died before minion spawn.

Xirus

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
It just sucks when I'm doing a gold card bushes sweep pre-game and a blitz is waiting for me with a grapple shot and an Ashe. Only time I ever died before minion spawn.
I assume that means you're TF? You'll probably find at higher ELOs that being the first one in the bushes as TF is just asking for trouble. Usually let your partner go first, hopefully he's less squishy, and you can cover him with the gold card. Or maybe I'm just a noob :P

wildfire393

11-30-2009

Well, the generally accepted 5-man layout is Tank/Support/Mage/Melee/Ranged.

Support: Soraka
Mage: Twisted Fate
Melee: Gangplank
Ranged: Corki
Tank: Rammus

That's just one possibility, but it seems like a fairly solid one. Twisted Fate/Gangplank provide full-map coverage with their ults, Corki is considered the top ranged DPS hero (though a case could be made for Ashe or Twitch for additional gankage), Rammus provides another group stun and a group taunt, plus has good synergy with Soraka's armor boosting W, and Soraka keeps the whole team running smoothly. Honestly, the tank is the most open slot here, as Nunu, Amumu, Malphite, Blitzcrank, and Nasus are all solid choices.

banduan

12-01-2009

Really?

I thought it was

Tank / 2nd Tank / Carry / any combination of Support or Control (one of each or two of one)

Melee/Ranged are just considerations over the team make-up e.g. don't go all melee if possible.

Necrax

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Well, the generally accepted 5-man layout is Tank/Support/Mage/Melee/Ranged.

Support: Soraka
Mage: Twisted Fate
Melee: Gangplank
Ranged: Corki
Tank: Rammus

That's just one possibility, but it seems like a fairly solid one. Twisted Fate/Gangplank provide full-map coverage with their ults, Corki is considered the top ranged DPS hero (though a case could be made for Ashe or Twitch for additional gankage), Rammus provides another group stun and a group taunt, plus has good synergy with Soraka's armor boosting W, and Soraka keeps the whole team running smoothly. Honestly, the tank is the most open slot here, as Nunu, Amumu, Malphite, Blitzcrank, and Nasus are all solid choices.
i thought it's just a solid (more or less random) combination of disables (preferably AoE) and AoE damage, no?

considering powerball slows and taunt must be targeted on a single enemy rammus has neither a group stun nor a group taunt.

TZG Prodigy

12-01-2009

My Dominating Team:
(Current Score 17-0)

DPS:

Yi
Warwick
Teemo

Tank:
Rammus
Nu Nu

1st: Snipe off Dragon (ASAP)
2nd: 2 Solo's
* Warwick Jungles
**Typically NuNu will help Warwick kill the first Golem for the buff

__________________________________________________ _
Lane Combinations:

NuNu + Teemo Lane
*NuNu can provide atk spd for Teemo
** Very Powerful combination early game

Rammus Solo
High level Rammus can deal a lot of dmg & be a great late game support

Yi Solo
Everyone knows a fed Yi can dominate games on his own
**Mid solo typically ( Yi has a hard time when 2v1, 1v1 he can brutalize opponents)

*** Yi, and Warwick can knock out an entire lane within a minute or two if not controlled properly

Very Stable Control Set

_________
Other Possibile Additions:

Caster
:
Ryze
Twisted Fate

Support:
Ashe
Mundo

DPS:
Katrina