Cannot level ultimate skill

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

irratical

10-21-2010

I was playing as Morgana in mid, and when I turned level 6, was unable to level up the first level of Soul Shackle. This occurred to the end of the game where I was forced to only pick any other skill besides the ultimate.

The screen shot I took below shows me at level 9, demonstrating the issue:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...1&d=1287647183

Crownface

10-21-2010

It's already at level 1 in the screenshot, Morgana's ulti isn't able to activate unless you're in range of an enemy champ, because it's a tether spell.

irratical

10-21-2010

No, I was unable to put a single point into Morgana's Soul Shackle.

As you can see, I have leveled and shown that I can pick any other skill besides the ultimate, which is what the screen shot is demonstrating in the first place.

I know and understand the fundamentals of this game and Morgana, please don't insult me with common-sense rhetoric.

Crownface

10-21-2010

It says Soul Shackle (1), and it shows the AP ratio gain too. You're level 9, you can't put another point into an ultimate skill until level 11.

irratical

10-21-2010

Hey wouldn't you know, look at this!

Even though I'm level one in a practice game, I somehow have a level (1) Soul Shackle!

But nope, people still maintain that there wasn't a problem, even though there clearly was, in order to sound witty and intelligent right?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...1&d=1287647919

Crownface

10-21-2010

I'm actually not trying to sound witty or intelligent at all, I was trying to give you an answer to the problem you brought up. Look at the differences in your two screenshots, the first one doesn't say "You have not yet learned this ability!" the second one does. The first one has a range indicator when hovering over the skill, the second one doesn't, because it hasn't been leveled yet. I had forgotten that skills still said (1) when you hadn't leveled them yet, that was my mistake, but in the first screenshot, it's clearly been leveled. You may have accidentally leveled it once by holding ALT+R without realizing.

irratical

10-21-2010

Maybe perhaps that is the case, I will join a practice game and find out if that happened. Thanks

Crownface

10-21-2010

Actually, I can't remember if it's ALT+R or CTRL+R, I always click on the skill when leveling it up, but I know it's one of the two.

irratical

10-21-2010

Alt+[bind] is self cast, Ctrl+[bind] is skill level up. I think I may have accidentally pressed it like you've mentioned, never mind this thread!

Xyltin

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownface View Post
It says Soul Shackle (1), and it shows the AP ratio gain too. You're level 9, you can't put another point into an ultimate skill until level 11.
it says lvl 1 cause he is over the sill button with his mouse.
If he would be over the spell iteself, the tooltip would be more at the bottom.

Also it doesnt show the increase in dmg like it normaly would when he would skill it from 1 to 2.

So he couldnt skill it.