IP Not based on performace=lame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unosnow

11-29-2009

Ok maybe it changes 1,2 maybe even 5 points based on your performance.
but honestly, make it so the players who do the best get at least 1.5x the points as the player who does the worst. maybe even the winning teams best player is getting 3x the points of the losing teams worst.

CaptainSoda

11-29-2009

I can see it now.
Worst Player on Losing Team:
LEAVER : +0 IP Points

Best player on Winning team:
+0 IP Points. THE FUUU

unosnow

11-29-2009

Leaves should be awarded negative points imo
or charge 250-500 IP to remove a leave off your record.

Stormsoul

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by unosnow View Post
but honestly, make it so the players who do the best get at least 1.5x the points as the player who does the worst. maybe even the winning teams best player is getting 3x the points of the losing teams worst.
I disagree, because not every hero is a twisted fate/eve/whatever else ganker and is focused purely on getting kills, thus not every champion has the same chance of getting this boost (unless the other team as well as your carries suck enough to make a pure tank or support champ get the most kills).
Unless it factors in assists and whatnot i couldnt see this working. If they do ever implement something like this then i hope it rewards players based on something that every champion has a chance of getting, unlike the system you're proposing which rewards swift ksing among other things.

This is all assuming by 'best' you mean 'most kills'.

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by unosnow View Post
Bad idea. Each character has a role on the team and a record does not express how good someone was at their role. There are already too many players that want to get the "kill" so to speak.

I could see it possibly working if for every kill and assist you get gains you one extra IP., or, while this would not be implimented, maybe only assists would get you extra IP. Honestly, I would like to see more thanks go out to the non-carry characters.

Daikaze

11-29-2009

I'm fine with the system we have now, but if it is performance based then it should be done similar to ELO so that it takes in a number of factors rather than K/D/A.

IS138d309a4fea569e777b5

11-29-2009

If you win you get more IP. If you lose you get less. How's that not based on performance?

CaoMan

11-29-2009

/agree with heimer, stop qqing

octivate

11-29-2009

i agree somewhat, players should recieve a small bonus based on their performance. something like how many kills/assists they have divided by deaths... maybe something like:

(kills*2)+(assists*1) / deaths

maybe make a hard cap of 30 points

some examples

10/4/20 - 10 pts

10/1/6 - 26 pts

5/5/5 - 3 pts

1/6/4 - 0 pts

the emphasis would be on being involved in most kills but not dieing. i think something should be there to differentiate the performance of someone who helped carry and someone who fed. maybe divide the bonus in half for the losing team as well. just my 2 cents.

edit: i also think you should be given +1ip for each building you kill

edit again: i also think this would make mid-high level games much more intense and fun as players losing a game would try very hard to stick it to the other team and knock down their ip bonuses with deaths and dragging the game out. a lot of incentive either way.

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-29-2009

It would also make for much more "I'd rather not dive in there with an 80% chance of saving my ally, since there's a 5% chance I'll die in the process"

Winning and losing, those are the only incentives to play well.